Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow RHD Ghibli owners,
I have recently ordered (and received) a set of 3 (accelerator, brake and footrest) pedals from Ultimate pedals based in Florida.
I have attached (I hope) a photo of the 3 pedals.
They are fantastic quality but unfortunately I have been informed that I cannot fit them to my car as it is a lease deal (hand back) and not an outright purchase.
Basically, I can not modify the car as it is not mine :-(
Therefore, I am offering these pedals for sale to any other RHD Ghibli owner who may be interested.
I paid (converted into £ Pounds Stirling) £180 for the pedals.
I am happy to sell them for £125 + cost of shipping to wherever.
Please PM me if you are interested, I will be happy to provide further information if required.
Regards,
UK Ghibli

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice pedals! But why not just add them now and then replace with the originals once you turn in your lease?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought of that and questioned them about it but if car was involved in an accident and pedals were found to be 'non standard' then insurance could be invalidated... It's all because I don't actually own the car, if I did, different story.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not according to Ultimate Pedals... Full clear instructions are given, as well as all fittings supplied, all you need is a drill and some masking tape. Another member fitted these to his LHD Ghibli and said it took 20 mins to do all 3 pedals. I am no DIY guy but it appears to be a fairly straight forward job.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What is the lease company really going to do about it -- nothing! They can't invalidate the lease because of this. I also leased and am tinting the windows..they never ever have a problem with cosmetic stuff because the car goes back to a dealer not the lease company.

Just out on the pedals and enjoy - they do looks nice!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's not the issue, if anything went wrong with the actual main pedal assembly itself (however very unlikely that would be to happen) then having retro fitted (non Maserati OEM) pedals would invalidate the warranty on the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts