Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Routine maintenance overdue
Hi there, I have had my Maserati for about nine months now. It’s a 2014 Maserati Ghibli and has about 34,000 miles. I just started getting a message that says “routine maintenance overdue.”
Do I really need to take my vehicle into the Maserati dealership for servicing/oil change,/whatever this routine maintenance is or is this simply an oil change and check of my fluids etc. that I can have done anywhere. With the understanding that another auto servicing company may have to order The fuel and fuel filter etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, I have had my Maserati for about nine months now. It’s a 2014 Maserati Ghibli and has about 34,000 miles. I just started getting a message that says “routine maintenance overdue.”
Do I really need to take my vehicle into the Maserati dealership for servicing/oil change,/whatever this routine maintenance is or is this simply an oil change and check of my fluids etc. that I can have done anywhere. With the understanding that another auto servicing company may have to order The fuel and fuel filter etc.
not sure what state you're in but in my state a bill called RIGHT TO REPAIR was passed now allowing independent mechanics to work on foreign cars so now we will not have to get hit over the head for service. I know right around 30K miles you have to get an oil change.

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
You can have a independent change oil and filter and complete the necessary maintenance. Car will let you know every 12500 miles or 1 year to have the car serviced.
The 2014 can also have the service wrench reset with readily available tools. Newer models require dealer to login to reset.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
Hey, Beerguy, can only the dealer reset the 2017-2018 and later? I thought I read there are a couple ODB readers out there that can do the same (I'd have to search to find them in this forum).

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
Hey, Beerguy, can only the dealer reset the 2017-2018 and later? I thought I read there are a couple ODB readers out there that can do the same (I'd have to search to find them in this forum).
Only the dealer can reset the maintenance starting in 2019+ ... you need to be a registered tech and sign into the new gateway
The older years can still be done with a couple readers like the this one one Amazon.
Amazon.com: OBDSTAR X-200 X200 Pro A and B Configuration Automotive Code Reader Diagnostic Scan Tool Car Scanner for Oil Reset OBD Software EPB With Card Reader: Automotive

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply. I guess another reason to be glad I have a 2018, which will be a keeper for along time. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go to the dealership to get that maintenance done... things like tires, etc I would go else where...Once you go, they will let you know what things you will need to address. Congrats on your new Mazzie but Maintenance is most important. You can always get price quotes from other Maserati dealerships to get the best pricing...

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
You might, repeat might, be able to find an indie who can work on Maseratis but make sure he/she has a sizeable clientele and references. Keep in mind that most parts are only available from Maserati so there will be no price break, only (maybe) oil. I just paid $455 for my first oil service and almost half of that was oil at $22/quart. The labor was "only" $150. Eventually, when my oem warranty expires, I will start going to a local indie who specializes in German cars (he has worked on all my Audis and Crossfires) but also services 4-5 Maseratis already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts