Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me, too. And I've been a sat radio user for more than 5 years and rarely--very rarely--lost signal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am still amazed that people care about sat radio anymore. The sound quality is horrible and the channels keep going downhill more and more each year. The sound quality from my iPhone is leaps and bounds better than Sirius/xm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am still amazed that people care about sat radio anymore. The sound quality is horrible and the channels keep going downhill more and more each year. The sound quality from my iPhone is leaps and bounds better than Sirius/xm.

It's true sat radio quality is awful compared to The phone. However the ghibli Bluetooth interface doesn't show what's playing on the phone so it's kind of a hassle to operate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes I am having the same issue from the day I bought it. constantly looses its signal and the message "acquiring signal" pops up while its trying to reconnect. The Dealer claims they are working on a fix but they have no idea when it will be repaired. They also tell me its happening on all their Ghiblis and Quattroportes as well...wtf.... Yes using iPhone is better sound quality but you don't have the same integration that way with seeing and controlling the music. Plus you use a ton of Data which costs $ and it drains the battery. They need to fix this now!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sirius XM

You are 100% correct about sound quality. Super low bite rate is worse than any MP3 file! I do think the programing is very good, however.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They couldn't figure it out. So they are replacing it. But it's interesting that the only part in the ghibli that doesn't work came from Chrysler
This is not the only Chrysler part on the car, see window/door lock switches, for example.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I have to say that the sound system is a huge disappointment. Mine came with the "premium" version which cost more than $1000 and sounds like a $45 boom box. Made worse is the fact that the satellite radio fades out every 5 to 10 minutes for random reasons (e.g. no obstruction present). I have had satellite radio in my BMW and Infiniti and it almost never went dark (in tunnels or the downtown canyons once in a while) so clearly the antenna or the head unit in this car is vastly inferior. Has anybody had results in getting the issue fixed from the dealer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I have to say that the sound system is a huge disappointment. Mine came with the "premium" version which cost more than $1000 and sounds like a $45 boom box. Made worse is the fact that the satellite radio fades out every 5 to 10 minutes for random reasons (e.g. no obstruction present). I have had satellite radio in my BMW and Infiniti and it almost never went dark (in tunnels or the downtown canyons once in a while) so clearly the antenna or the head unit in this car is vastly inferior. Has anybody had results in getting the issue fixed from the dealer?
I have the "premium" sound system as well and the entire audio/satellite radio system is a disaster. The subwoofer sits in the bed above the rear seats and appears as if it was a horrible design. The subwoofer is improperly insulated and there is metal speaker cover that rattles with any bass at all and just kills the sound quality of the stereo. My Car has been at the dealer for over a week now while they trouble shoot it. Apparently, Maserati Corporate is fully aware of it and having the same issues on almost all the Ghiblis and the Quattroporte as well. They have had to completely rebuild that bed by re-insualating the sub woofer and replacing the metal grate cover with something else, possibly some sort of plastic covering to avoid the rattle. I will be picking the car up hopefully Monday and will know all the details at that time. Eliminating the extra noise coming from that poorly designed sub is supposedly the culprit for the horrible sounding audio. As for the Satellite issue they are replacing my antenna with a different one and claim that should resolve the issue. Its ridiculous to be going through all these fixes on brand new car and I am feeling like a guinea pig at this point. I certainly didn't buy a maserati for the sound system but when you spend 80k or more on a car you expect a lot more. Especially when you compare it to the perfection from top to bottom of a German machine like an S6. I've rented 20k economy cars before with superior sound quality. The only good thing I can say is they do seem to be very concerned and are working hard to solve the matter. Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sirius/XM

I thought I was the only one with this problem and glad to hear that they are working on it. My satellite reception has been terrible. Has anyone received a solution from their dealer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having same issue with the Sat radio. spotty reception. Also noticed that the navigation is giving trouble now. It seems to reboot in the middle of entering a destination. Very frustrated at the time. Will probably take back to dealer next week. Has anyone had the problem resolved to their satisfaction?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the "premium" sound system as well and the entire audio/satellite radio system is a disaster. The subwoofer sits in the bed above the rear seats and appears as if it was a horrible design. The subwoofer is improperly insulated and there is metal speaker cover that rattles with any bass at all and just kills the sound quality of the stereo. My Car has been at the dealer for over a week now while they trouble shoot it. Apparently, Maserati Corporate is fully aware of it and having the same issues on almost all the Ghiblis and the Quattroporte as well. They have had to completely rebuild that bed by re-insualating the sub woofer and replacing the metal grate cover with something else, possibly some sort of plastic covering to avoid the rattle. I will be picking the car up hopefully Monday and will know all the details at that time. Eliminating the extra noise coming from that poorly designed sub is supposedly the culprit for the horrible sounding audio. As for the Satellite issue they are replacing my antenna with a different one and claim that should resolve the issue. Its ridiculous to be going through all these fixes on brand new car and I am feeling like a guinea pig at this point. I certainly didn't buy a maserati for the sound system but when you spend 80k or more on a car you expect a lot more. Especially when you compare it to the perfection from top to bottom of a German machine like an S6. I've rented 20k economy cars before with superior sound quality. The only good thing I can say is they do seem to be very concerned and are working hard to solve the matter. Good luck
Do you have any updates on exactly what was done with the subwoofer? I'm having mine fixed this week and just want to know exactly what they need to do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you have any updates on exactly what was done with the subwoofer? I'm having mine fixed this week and just want to know exactly what they need to do.
I'm interested as well. When I talked to my dealer last week, he said that they had no info from Maserati yet on service options for the satellite radio issue or the subwoofer so I am very interested in if anybody has actually gotten the dealer to address the issue yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm having the same satellite reception problem. And, like most of you, I never had a problem with my other cars. The Garmin nav system locked-up on the drive home from taking delivery. I shut off the engine, but it still got stuck loading. It didn't successfully load until we let it sit for a couple of hours. I blame that on Garmin. I have 3 other Garmin units that lock and crash constantly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same problem. Dealer replaced the radio/nav unit. Nav is fixed. Satellite reception is still spotty.Antenna change didn't help. Maserati apparently hasn't finalized the fix for it. Expecting to hear back from dealer this month

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is still having issues with the satellite radio please contact me. I have made a class action claim against Maserati to make the antenna issue an official recall or "campaign" and have them reimburse customers for their Sirius subscription and provide a loaner during replacement of the antenna. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
..... I have made a class action claim against Maserati to make the antenna issue an official recall or "campaign" and have them reimburse customers for their Sirius subscription and provide a loaner during replacement of the antenna.....
The approach chosen by the forum was to submit anderson_b76's collated issue XLS with an accompanying cover letter. IMO class action lawsuits are not the way to go

Reactions: tjsbeer
1 - 20 of 36 Posts