Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Ghibli today - so happy.

Driving home though, I was talking on my phone through Bluetooth, and over and over there would be this load screetching noise coming through the speaker in the front. It honestly sounds like the windshield is shattering every time.

Anyone else experience this? I'm not sure it is a problem with my phone, some type of interference, or a speaker problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes, have the same problem when connecting my bberry through bluetooth.

this sound is really creepy and annoying. don't know if this is a speaker issue, but that is my guess

·
Registered
18 Posts
Phone issue

I also have the same issue since i picked up the car in December. Dealer ordered the front speaker replacement which was on the back order and when finally arrived (almost 2 month wait) they replaced it but no improvement. Apparently it is some sort of the software issue???? and it should be resolved soon:crying:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same sound issues with my speakerphone. I dropped my Ghibli Q4 off at the dealer earlier this morning to have the replacement antenna for the satellite radio installed and also have them attempt to fix the speakerphone issue. I spoke to the service manager and he indicated that is distortion which comes from the speakerphone is a software issue. I don't think Maserati has come up with a standard fix yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am having the same sound issues with my speakerphone. I dropped my Ghibli Q4 off at the dealer earlier this morning to have the replacement antenna for the satellite radio installed and also have them attempt to fix the speakerphone issue. I spoke to the service manager and he indicated that is distortion which comes from the speakerphone is a software issue. I don't think Maserati has come up with a standard fix yet.
No fix is released yet but Maserati is working on a software update to address this and is part of the audio fix also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same problem. Have been told it is software and a fix is coming. Seems like it has been coming for a while.
Appears now that the amplifier has failed. I hear from the dealer that this is relatively common. After starting and stopping the car three times, it came back on and functioned normally, but clearly there is a problem.
Dealer ordered amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts