Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what their delivery and service is like? For example: Are they responsive? Are they ahead of curve on known problems? (Like putting dynamat around speakers or replacing antenna for better sat radio reception, etc?). Did they fix known problems before delivery, or at subsequent service? (And not just when asked?) Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would you just buy the car already,;) it's only money, and who needs bluetooth anyway?

Reactions: Jay

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you just buy the car already,;) it's only money, and who needs bluetooth anyway?
LOL. It's just who I am. I do a ton of research and due diligence on everything. Makes me good at my job, but can drive my family crazy hehe. But heck, even prolific poster Etodd says he sent over 100 emails before he bought the car. So it's not just me...no...really...it's not just me. :D

(Seriously though, it does seem like dealer service can vary greatly and can seriously impact the buy/service experience, so why not ask?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great questions, I'm curious about Maserati of Long Island as well.

Just curious what their delivery and service is like? For example: Are they responsive? Are they ahead of curve on known problems? (Like putting dynamat around speakers or replacing antenna for better sat radio reception, etc?). Did they fix known problems before delivery, or at subsequent service? (And not just when asked?) Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I completely agree with you about the service making all the difference. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, I am completely anal about researching, how else do you think I got on this forum, it's not like there is a direct link from the Barney's website to here. And this forum almost made me cancel the deal. My local dealer is brand new and they don't know much. I just called Maserati NA about my bluetooth, and was able to speak with someone immediately who was very helpful. They told me it was a frequency issue that could be adjusted, who knows if that's true or not, but honestly the problem is very minor, and not worth bringing in until I have something major, or even better just an oil change. Seriously, I love driving this car so much I don't want to give it up to have them check it out, and I also have a new 911 as a back up. I think you'd be pretty safe, especially with the 2015. (Just let me know if you buy it or not so I can get my kickback from Maserati).:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer ships can't repair the vehicle until the warranty has started which is almost always after the purchase is made. Only thing they can do it campaigns and recalls.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
You can see posts about my pre-purchase experience :(with LI Ferrari in the Purchase @ Order section; I bought from WWF in Spring Valley (65 miles from home for me):)

I ordered my 2015 in May and later in the Summer, the LI Ferrari manager contacted me to see if I was still interested in purchasing a Ghibli; I relayed to him my experience and he committed that my experience would be VERY different with service, if I were to give the dealership a '2nd' chance, so to speak.

When I need service I will take to LI Ferrari and hope they don't renege or say like Rally does with Bimmers that they have no open 'slot' availble to service the car (as I did not buy it there)

DD

·
Registered
12 Posts
My service experience to date with Maserati Long Island

Hi Jeff. I leased my Ghibli from Maserati LI in January. The service department has been hit and miss. There is a really good service advisor there and the service tech manager (not sure what his title is) is great - but that is the only positive thing I can say about this dealer at this time. Overall the customer service and lack of responsiveness has been a major problem for me. I was mislead about certain problems with the 18 inch performance tires on the car during both test drives at this dealership and so when I got my car and learned that the problem I had asked about during the test drives was considered a "characteristic" of the car, I wasn't too happy. That being said, I would have been happy to work with them to resolve the issue in a fair manner - but all I've received to date seems like a run around.

I brought the car in numerous times to the service department over the first 8 months to ask about the problem and it wasn't until I finally got hooked up with a good service advisor and the tech manager who explained the problem to me. I've been trying to resolve the issue and have reached out to the GM (left messages) three times in the past few weeks with no response yet. I'm going to try to reach the GM one more time and also reach out to one of the salesmen who seemed like a good guy to see if I can get this resolved.

So far though, I have had a far more negative than positive experience with this dealership.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey chinook, thanks, just saw your reply. Actually just came back few hours ago from Plainview after taking plunge and ordering new ghibli, but have to say the experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I may cancel it, especially after reading your thread. I will post separate thread on the buying experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeff - I finally connected with the General Manager/Owner of the dealership regarding my problem and he has been great. He addressed my concerns and I am feeling much more confident in the dealership after our interaction.

Before you cancel the car, maybe reach out to the GM to let him know about your experience to address any concerns or give feedback? My take away was that he sincerely wants to have his dealership do the right thing and provide good customer service.

Hope it works out for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts