Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has 3800 miles and the "Service Power Steering" light came on. Anybody else have this issue? Seems like the car is fine so I wonder if it will go away or if I should take it in ASAP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same issue and reported to Main Dealer who then took advice from Maserati. Without any inspection they claim the issue is with the 'software' and can be ignored and I am awaiting a recall to have this 'code' updated. My take is that the warning comes on at low temperatures - is it the same for you? Will let you know once I have been 'upgraded' and confirm whether it works

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine came on the other day on starting the car when it was very cold.
I took the car out of the garage, started up again & was off.
This has happened a couple of times , but only when very cold.
No action taken.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This is a known issue now as well. This is happening because of the cold temperatures. The power steering fluid settles in the bottom in the cold weather and unless you drive the car for a few miles the fluid does not gets to a good temperature. After that it will not happen.

The code fix might be needed to give accurate information. For now it is not an issue.

Enjoy the drive without concerns about this.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My car has 3800 miles and the "Service Power Steering" light came on. Anybody else have this issue? Seems like the car is fine so I wonder if it will go away or if I should take it in ASAP.
I had the same issue that happened each morning when really cold. After warming it up I turned then engine off and restarted and it went away. I told the dealer and they wanted to see it just in case. The dealer later said that it is a warning that the steering is cold. Although this is normal in Italy warning lights in the US usually signify a problem so Maserati had an electronics fix for it. The dealer loaded mine and t hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
863 Posts
What fix was loaded on your car for this issue. Can you get us the number of update perform.

I had the same issue that happened each morning when really cold. After warming it up I turned then engine off and restarted and it went away. I told the dealer and they wanted to see it just in case. The dealer later said that it is a warning that the steering is cold. Although this is normal in Italy warning lights in the US usually signify a problem so Maserati had an electronics fix for it. The dealer loaded mine and t hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was also told by my dealer that it is a software issue. You don't need to warm your car up and waste your time - immediately turn it off and on again - voilà! - the light is gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure they check

Mine was coming on intermittently as well. When they inspected it, some part had sheared and there were metal shavings throughout the power steering system.

While it could be a software issue, it is worth someone actually taking a look.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry to grave dig an old thread.. but what would be the light for this?

Would it be an A with a circle around it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The symbol is a steering wheel with an exclamation point.

Mine came on yesterday, as Portland, OR hit freezing temps. Stayed on for an hour after multiple engine starts, and grabbed my OBD to clear the message (and Stored Message) when it disappeared. Steering fluid level was normal.

Sounds like a sensor issue and Mas will sort out the software, so not to worry.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine came on today for the first time at 11,5xx miles; it's a graphic of a steering wheel with an ! next to it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be concerned with anything related to the steering, whether or not it is software related or not. I would take the car in immediately and have the software reset/updated before something else goes terribly wrong. If the unthinkable happens and you're injured, I wouldn't be surprised if Mas blames you after checking the car for stored codes, finding the steering issue, and not taking it in

·
Registered
135 Posts
It has been in the dealer for a total of 21 days with this issue. I'm at the point where I may have to open a lemon law.

4 times since this thread was posted. Currently has been at dealer since Monday... not getting it back till sometime next week.

Any lemon lawyer recommendations in NJ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts