Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else seeing this? It has happened twice since I got the car a month ago. Essentially the tire icon lights up and the status screen says service tire pressure system. When I go to the screen that shows the pressure of all the tires it shows "--" for PSI for each tire. In both situations it happened after the car was parked outside for a couple of hours in the cold weather here in Minnesota. Interestingly it does not happened right when I start the car up outside but in both cases after about 5 miles of driving. Last time the issue just went away. Not sure yet if it will go away again.

Is this an issue anybody else is having? I suspect that car has actually had very little testing in the extreme sort of climate that I live in.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would make sure that the cold tire pressure matches what's printed on the door-jamb label.

It's normal for the tire pressure icon to come on a bit after and not immediately when you start the car. The reason is that the reading is taken as an average over time, since at any one instant, the pressure would vary based on dynamic loading, uneven parking surface, etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to take the car in to get the Premium sound fixed and the satellite radio issue fixed and finally pick up my floor mats. I'll see what they say about the tire pressure thing as well - just wondering if others have the issue. FWIW, the system worked fine when I drove it to work today so it is clearly something caused by the car sitting outside in the inhuman climate that people in Minnesota tolerate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey cfelbab,

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I'm having the exact same issue with mine and the dealer isn't really being helpful.

Bep

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey cfelbab,

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I'm having the exact same issue with mine and the dealer isn't really being helpful.

Bep
The problem went away because the weather warmed up. I suspect I will start having the issue again next winter. So no real fix for me yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having the same issue you described. I only have 500 miles on mine and last night parked it outside to coldest day so far this year - 34 degrees and now getting a Tire Pressure System warning indicator with "--" displayed on all tires. Came on after a short drive and stayed on for the duration. I guess I'll check with the dealer on this. With the cold weather here - I plan on swapping my 20" summers for 18" winter tires with tire pressure sensors - I wonder if the same issue will persist with winter tires on.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had the same issue, the problem lies with the sports performance tires, they will basically kinda deflate as the car will be standing in cold weather. If you get All season tires, you will not have this issue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally Posted by ChuckHI'm having the same issue you described. I only have 500 miles on mine and last night parked it outside to coldest day so far this year - 34 degrees and now getting a Tire Pressure System warning indicator with "--" displayed on all tires. Came on after a short drive and stayed on for the duration. I guess I'll check with the dealer on this. With the cold weather here - I plan on swapping my 20" summers for 18" winter tires with tire pressure sensors - I wonder if the same issue will persist with winter tires on.
Hi ChuckH,

My name is Howie from MaseratiCares - MNA's official online customer service manager.

I would advise that you check to see if your tires are at the correct setting. During climate changes, the tires pressures can drop a few psi, not to be majorly concerned about.

I would also advise that you acquire from your authorized dealer snow/winter or all seasons tires if you have done so already.

Regards,

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the problem intermittently as well. I took the cargo the dealer and they determined that the TPMS system was not communicating with the ECU. They cleared the errors and the system appears to be functioning normally.

The problem was fixed in a day, the car was cleaned inside and out and I had a loaner Ghibli for the day.

I'll let everyone know if the problem comes back.

I also want to add that there is a difference between an error with the system and having a low pressure warning. I was having trouble with the system not working properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts