Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the following campaigns/recalls that were addressed at my recent (Thursday & Friday) service visit.

Campaign # 250
Update IPC to BCM software configuration

Campaign # 255
Update HVAC control module software

Campaign # 258
Update IPC unit software

Campaign # 259
Update all 4 door modules software and reset basic settings

NO CAMPAIGN #
Perform ECM and TCM control module software update
This is for the hard downshift from 2nd to 1st

Also under recalls
Perform rear bonnet gasket seal
Satellite radio antenna
Side window wind noise
Spark plug cleaning (It states that all of my plugs were replaced)

For the "rattle from subwoofer" it states...
Remove/Replace parcel shelf and added dynamat on 3rd brake lamp
housing

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Likewise !

I will use as part of my checklist when I pick up my 2015 :nerd:

DD

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here are the following campaigns/recalls that were addressed at my recent (Thursday & Friday) service visit.
Thank you Ssipes. I am taking my car to service on Monday. I will use the list. My major issues at this point are: rattle of subwoofer and antenna.

FoxBeat

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Great update. Mine is going in tomorrow morning for 6 on the list ... sounds like I should print a copy and have the rest done. I forgot about the slight wind noise on drivers side and spark plugs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the great update! I've had my Ghibli for 1.5 weeks and already had it in for an update, but they did not complete all the updates listed above. Looks like I'll be taking it back in.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Campaign # 250
Update IPC to BCM software configuration

Campaign # 255
Update HVAC control module software

Campaign # 258
Update IPC unit software

Campaign # 259
Update all 4 door modules software and reset basic settings

NO CAMPAIGN #
Perform ECM and TCM control module software update
This is for the hard downshift from 2nd to 1st

Also under recalls
Perform rear bonnet gasket seal
Satellite radio antenna
Side window wind noise
Spark plug cleaning (It states that all of my plugs were replaced)

For the "rattle from subwoofer" it states...
Remove/Replace parcel shelf and added dynamat on 3rd brake lamp
housing
Do you know what they actually did to address the side window noise issue? I have the same issue and was thinking it was caused by the window up/down issue but it sounds from you like it is a separate issue?

·
Registered
852 Posts
We need to keep this thread current........my service manager stated that updates are only done when you bring the car in for service or you ask as I did so I am in next week..........also stated that the recalls listed are not recalls or all owners would have been notified...........

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know what they actually did to address the side window noise issue? I have the same issue and was thinking it was caused by the window up/down issue but it sounds from you like it is a separate issue?
Fortunately, my car did not have this problem. The Service Advisor ask me if I was having issues with it and stated that they had been instructed by Maserati to check every car. It was listed on my repair order, but states the issue wasn't present.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We need to keep this thread current........my service manager stated that updates are only done when you bring the car in for service or you ask as I did so I am in next week..........also stated that the recalls listed are not recalls or all owners would have been notified...........
I think that the word "Recall" is probably inaccurate. A recall is a mandatory fix that requires manufacturers to notify the customer and compel them to bring it in for repair. I called my dealer today and he said all these issues are "customer satisfaction items" from Maserati that they are requiring the dealer to look at for "all cars brought in for service". So if you bring your car in for anything, they will do these repairs if needed. That implies that we should all call up and get the repair scheduled if you are having issues.

My dealer continues to do his part to make this easy for me. They are sending a driver across town to pick my car up from my place of work and get it fixed and then bring it back to me. I appreciate that they respect my time.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: Deepankar Abrol

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Wind Noise: On mine, they adjusted the travel and position of the window. It helped, but I might be too picky about wind noise coming from cars that have absolutely none after 10 years. It only started within the last month .. very light wind noise ... no water leakage.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
How come i never get this notice from dealer or maserati na? MINES APRIL 2014 BUILD
I think Maserati dealers are using the word "campaign" ... some our using the work order work "recall"

Either way, none of these were "safety" serious and expect Maserati was waiting for first service and/or a call-in for a problem. Honestly, some dealers are more proactive for their customers.

Reactions: ssipes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, these are TSB's or technical service bulletins. From past experience, service writers tend to note a customer's specific request and may use the word recall based on what the customer says.

·
Registered
29 Posts
they are call campaigns/service updates -- there are no current recalls on the Ghibli .. you would of received a letter from MNA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey folks,

Before taking delivery of my Ghibli S 2015 i asked the local service adviser to check all the listed campaigns i could find.

He actually cam e back t me saying all these were already taken care of atteh factory for the 2015 models and they applied to 2014 models.

Also he mentioned that unless critical they didn't call in cars for campaigns until they came in for service.

I am not facing any of the issues mentioned by other owners but then again i have had the car for less than a week and only put 200 kms on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts