Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
324 Posts
Beautiful Ghibli!

FWIW, we do offer a Sport Lowering Spring and Sport Coilovers for the Maserati Ghibli:

We feel the Sport Springs we offer lower the car the correct amount without going too far and they keep the ride Sporty but comfortable. If later you decide to try Sport Sway Bars, these are also a perfect match. The one complaint we do here quite often from owners who've tried other brand springs is just simply that the car lowers too far and they end up hitting the underbelly of the car or nose quite often. Do a bit of research for yourself and feel free to reach out to us by phone or email with any questions and we'll be happy to help!

Best Regards,

·
Registered
181 Posts
@FormulaDynamics - how much does you kit lower a Ghibli SQ4 that already has the sport suspension? I believe the sport suspension was already lower by ~10mm or so over a Ghibli with standard suspension. Ever since I had my front strut towers repaired and springs replaced by that recall a few years ago, the now massive tire gap up front is buggin

·
Registered
339 Posts
FWIW, the car's front bumper assembly already rides incredibly low to the point that any hump will cause the tabs in front of the front wheels to rub. It's a process getting into my driveway which slopes down from the main road without scraping. I still haven't mastered backing out without scraping.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
324 Posts
@FormulaDynamics - how much does you kit lower a Ghibli SQ4 that already has the sport suspension? I believe the sport suspension was already lower by ~10mm or so over a Ghibli with standard suspension. Ever since I had my front strut towers repaired and springs replaced by that recall a few years ago, the now massive tire gap up front is buggin
Our FD Sport Lowering Kit for the SQ4 w/ Sport Suspension will lower the car 3/4" which is pretty much the sweet spot to avoid rubbing, we don't typically experience any rubbing in the wheel well with our kits running factory tire sizes, the main issue that can happen with some other kits in the market is that the car is just too low, it then scrapes the underneath of the car over bumps too easily. Honestly we get these calls each and every week and many of these customers have redone the work to switch to FD parts for better clearance.

When we first introduced our kit years back it as a bit lower as well but we've since spent some real time to update it and help get it dialed in well so that handling is improved over stock and it's very drive-able around town with minimal to no scraping or rubbing.

We do offer lower kits with a bigger drop as well but we pretty much only sell those with the disclaimer that if you go lower than our standard kit, it's going to be an issue. Some customers are really used to running lower and dragging a bit and are willing to work with this to get the look they're after. So we can help either customer but with our standard drop kit, you should not have problems!

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out by phone or email, we usually can respond faster than through the forum.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone dropped there car a half inch or so..and what did you use.I changed the calipers and rotors just not sure what springs to use.
I purchased Maserati Ghibli sport springs and shocks. Looked up the parts on Scuderia and ordered them from two different Maserati dealership parts departments. Car is about 1/2” lower and handling is solid! Love it.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
324 Posts
Absolutely, you can transfer between a Standard Suspension to a Sport Suspension which will let the Rear settle down a bit lower (~1/2"), the Front should be a very similar height. It's the equivalent of ordering the same car with the factory Sport Suspension (option). If you already have the Sport suspension or want to go lower or increase performance, that's were our Sport Springs or Coilovers would make a big difference.

Best Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts