Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother’s longtime girlfriend’s dad passed away recently and she has offered to sell me his 2017 Maserati Ghibli w 37k miles for $10k. If you were me, would you buy the car? I know
maintenance is expensive and I wouldn’t even be driving the car much right now as I’m in university. I would also have to transport the car from Canada to USA and do all of the legal work with that as long as selling my own car which is probably only worth 8k. Does it seem like a good purchase or a bad idea for an 18 year old? Thank you:) Also, are these cars good for daily use in cold weather? I’m not sure if they do well in snow/ice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why aren't you sell the car in the name of the family of your girlfriend and share the money with them. You should get three times more.
Or you buy it and enjoy it for a while and sell it later. Can't be a mistake

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
My brother’s longtime girlfriend’s dad passed away recently and she has offered to sell me his 2017 Maserati Ghibli w 37k miles for $10k. If you were me, would you buy the car? I know
maintenance is expensive and I wouldn’t even be driving the car much right now as I’m in university. I would also have to transport the car from Canada to USA and do all of the legal work with that as long as selling my own car which is probably only worth 8k. Does it seem like a good purchase or a bad idea for an 18 year old? Thank you:) Also, are these cars good for daily use in cold weather? I’m not sure if they do well in snow/ice
Your personal decision. Clearly you are getting more of an extended family gift and maybe she is passing on a little piece of her fathers pride.
Just be aware, the maintenance costs will be higher and at 18 years of age depending on where you live the insurance could be very expensive. I'd get a quote quickly to answer that question.

If it's an SQ4 it would have all wheel drive so handles well in snow with proper tires .... not deep snow since car is so low.

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
How easy is it to import a car from Canada?
It's not that hard if you do the homework up front. The key is it needs to meet US EPA and Safety standards. Depending on the province, the car could be set up for that market so not everything would be an "US set-up" ... example French Canadian language.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you don't need it then don't buy it, but if you want to then go ahead. At the end of the day, it will still be up to you.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
334 Posts
yes... at the least you can flip it for 30k pretty easily, like a 20k gift!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Easy flip on that or take it and then sell it a couple years later and still double your money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don’t buy it I will 😂😂😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts