Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first nitpick is that I noticed the wood grain doesn't match on the console components. This is my first woodgrain interior, but I just assumed that the parts would have been cut from the same piece of veneer. Is this only done on super high end cars?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
No idea but I don't think anyone but you will notice it. Go to the dealer and look at another car and see if it lines up. I can't help you, I ordered mine with Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
852 Posts
They should all match. My car was specifically ordered with Ebono wood and an Ebono wheel with specific steering wheel codes so that they match. What components are you talking about? Did you review your order and codes prior to acceptance by Italy?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wrecked: the ebano grain doesn't line up in my car, however, I don't find it very noticeable.

Etodd: Wrecked isn't referring to unmatching types of wood, but rather to the alignment of the grain.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My wood grain doesn't match either. Looks just like the picture in the OP. It would have been nice though... a point of differentiation I could have pointed to. Silly, I know.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sorry a little slo today......fortunately they type of grain it is not that noticeable but that is not a big piece so it should match........Guess we will have to by Bentley's or RR's next time!!! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts