Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out to my car yesterday and found one of the side vent clips missing. Does anyone know where to find a replacement??

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I contacted the dealer and they said 3-4 weeks to order the part. Ugh! They're beginning to fall off on both sides of the car..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely not vandalism. They're rather cheap quality actually. Just a plastic mesh screen with a chrome inlay. Looks like there's glue residue left behind, so I'm thinking the clips aren't strong enough to hold so they use glue to secure them, but the glue doesn't appear to be strong enough either. Very annoying getting a brand new car and hearing parts aren't available for 3-4 weeks because they're allocated to production cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

As an aside, are those vents functional (ie are they part of the engine breathing/cooling requirements)?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since mine fell off, I can tell you they are definitely only aesthetic. They serve no function at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it would save me a trip if I could actually find the parts! Had another one fall out this morning on the road. It's as though they just set them in and completely forgot to fasten them during the manufacture process.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maserati of Westlake was able to expedite some parts for me and got me taken care of yesterday after a 73 mile drive back up to where I purchased it, but I still don't think it's a permanent resolution.

They still feel rather loose and if there's a Maserati rep stalking the forums they should think about making the grilles all one assembly and fastening them to the fender rather than just setting them in. I talked to a couple dealers that also said a few are coming loose when they pressure wash the cars, so I imagine this won't be an isolated incident once everyone starts taking delivery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's a very annoying and amateur type of problem to have. Rule #1 when you're trying to convince the masses that your cars are ready for durable, "mass market" consumption: Don't let the little things get in the way of the bigger picture, i.e "fasten down" the little bits and pieces so the only problems that can arise would be the major ones. Maserati/Fiat need to get things like this in order if they want to sail towards being considered a legitimate competitor to the Germans in the ways they want to be (volume).

·
Registered
324 Posts
My SQ4 has well over 1k miles, it's been washed, and the side ports are secure. My guess is only a few cars have this problem. Also, considering the QP has the same exact side ports I kind of doubt it's more than an isolated incident in assembly. Of course after mine fall off I'll be slamming Maserati too...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the car, don't get me wrong, but as soon as you see a part of your car fall off on the road after you just paid $90+k for it...yeah, it's a little frustrating.

Hopefully all is well for now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts