Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never messed around with an electro-valved type of suspension before, but I'm thinking that it might be more trouble than its worth (and expensive). I've usually found these types of things to cause unpredictable handling, especially over rough pavement. Maserati Skyhook any different? Anyone know about reliability of the system on other Maser models?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've never messed around with an electro-valved type of suspension before, but I'm thinking that it might be more trouble than its worth (and expensive). I've usually found these types of things to cause unpredictable handling, especially over rough pavement. Maserati Skyhook any different? Anyone know about reliability of the system on other Maser models?
Reviews of the Ghibli with the skyhook suspension has generally been very positive. The skyhook suspension is only necessary if you want a softer ride than stock. Based on reviews, the standard suspension is fairly sporty, and the skyhook's sport mode is close to the standard suspension, while normal mode offers a softer ride.

I don't think you have anything to worry about the Skyhook suspension being unpredictable in terms of handling.

·
Registered
277 Posts
all this does from what I know is lower the compression and rebound settings on the dampers to left the dampers absorb more movement rather than resist.

It doesn't do this actively from what I've read. It is a set and go sort of deal. Not too complicated

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Any chance Skyhook does cool stuff like counteract body roll in turns or nose dip during breaking?

Edit: I think it does - which make the Skyhook option very good to have if you like canyon carving or any track events - "One option is the Skyhook electronic suspension system, which has new shocks and continuous damping variation. Pressing a button on the central tunnel stiffens the shocks and reduces load transfer during sporty driving." (http://www.allpar.com/cars/adopted/maserati/ghibli.html)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts