Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Now people have had some time in their cars, I wanted to find out if they felt the skyhook system was justified, in terms of the extra cost?

I have ordered with skyhook (just a little better handling around corners & I have speed bumps in my commute, but tricky to decide in 15 mins).

I still have time to amend the order (i'm going with base petrol so no sports suspension option).

Thanks,

Aran

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the base suspension, and this car corners much better than any car I've owned, including my BMW 550i and Mercedes E350. THe only reason I can see to buy Skyhook would be to soften the suspension if you're not driving aggressively, but for me the base is fine all the time. I have no regrets about my decision.

·
Registered
863 Posts
See here is the deal, if you like to have a more softer ride than the base suspension and then a more firm ride then a base suspension SKYHOOK is the way to go. So from what i understand is

Skyhook off state is the suspension is softer than the bases suspension and yeah a bit of more control and also the anti-roll comes in to play as well.

In on state it stiffens and is good for some spirited driving, but is not as stiff as the sports tuned suspension from KONI that is in the car. If i would have got the chance i might would have gone for the SKYHOOK (cool name).

But i am pretty happy with the sports, yes the drive is a bit hard.. but then i did a 500 mile trip and no backaches.. so i am all good.. actually i like the sports suspension pretty much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I came from a Jaguar XF with a pretty soft ride.
My demonstration car was not fitted with Skyhook & whilst ok, felt quite firm in comparison.
So I took a chance & went for the Skyhook without trying it. I'm really pleased that I did as I'm no boy racer & whilst enjoy the acceleration, performance Etc., I do like my comfort.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Base Suspension -- Nice Ride

Although I can't compare the other suspensions, I am quite pleased with the base Q4S suspension. Ride is firm without being harsh. If I were to track the car or drive lots of aggressive twisty roads I might have selected the Skyhook or Sports packages. That said, the car handling and performance is everything I hoped it would be. Cheers, Scott

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I think the Skyhook is the way to go, if you can swing the $ 3K; I was going to get mine with it for more comfort for passengers, but wife gave OK to get Sports only

DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts