Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from the After Sales Manager at Mainline Maserati.
Says there is a "Software Update" he needs to do on our car that will take about an hour.
I've had no issues with our car.
Anyone know what the update is?
It seems like some owners have had more issues when they've gotten their cars back after an update.
Should I wait?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, the update is to fix two problems.

1. The windows don't always go back up when they shift down when the door closes.

2. If the two sides if the climate control system are not at the same number it can confuse the AC and it won't work.

These are the two fixes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I see.
Thanks Ric.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, the update is to fix two problems.

1. The windows don't always go back up when they shift down when the door closes.

2. If the two sides if the climate control system are not at the same number it can confuse the AC and it won't work.

These are the two fixes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I heared the same, but hope, that there is more than that. They have plenty to fix in the MTC (lightning control, Navi talking while Radio/Audio is playing, etc.) :nerd:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the software update applied and it fixed the window rollup issue. I never had a problem with the AC.

But I swear the Premium Sound system sounds a lot better now too. Does anyone know if the update included this fix as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the software update applied and it fixed the window rollup issue. I never had a problem with the AC.

But I swear the Premium Sound system sounds a lot better now too. Does anyone know if the update included this fix as well?
I'd like to hear more about that. If there is a way to improve the crappy sound of the Premium system that would be great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am curious. I didn't get the call from the dealer about software update. Should I expect one, or should I go directly to the dealer and ask about it?

Thank you.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. They e-mailed me.
I have an apoointment Thursday morning.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well here is my take on this update, i had to take my car for some AC issue that it was blowing hot and cold air 50/50 % of the time.

So they put on the update, that issue is no longer happening. Never felt anything about the sound system as i hardly turn it on but i think its a kinda a better.

What i now see is even when the car is in ICE mode the growl of the car from the exhaust has increased pretty significant. and when in Sports mode... its like screaming. With that, its just now so much amazing...

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would call your dealer.
I did send E-mail to them yesterday. Got answer today that they received bulletin on Thur, and will call me on Monday.

Thank you.

FoxBeat

Reactions: rjp71

·
Registered
112 Posts
@flamingwicky - that's interesting that a software update helps the exhaust noise? When I test drove the S4 I didn't really hear the exhaust from within the car much- is that
what others have found?
If you had any transmission lag- is that better now?

·
Registered
34 Posts
BETTER exhaust note?

@flamingwicky - that's interesting that a software update helps the exhaust noise?
You mean the exhaust note can get even BETTER? I took possession of my Ghibli only a week ago (terrific experience at Maserati of Manhattan), and I took it to Connecticut this weekend to stretch its legs. A million things to love (and a few not to), but the exhaust note is exhilarating from INSIDE the car. Judging by what I heard on both upshifts and downshifts when I was under a few bridges (I turned around and drove through one relatively long underpass THREE times!!!), the exhaust note is incredibly ITALIAN! I hope people following me can appreciate it!

So, being that my car is only a week old, is it safe to say my car has this software update? I hope NOT! I can't get enough of the gurgle, growl, burps, pops and grunt our cars possess!!!!

Darrin

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@flamingwicky - that's interesting that a software update helps the exhaust noise? When I test drove the S4 I didn't really hear the exhaust from within the car much- is that
what others have found?
Sport mode will resolve both of those.
Makes the exhaust louder, transmission shifts quicker and turbo boosts at lower rpm.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The question remains: does the software update address and/or affect any of these items independent of sport mode? I have not yet received notification from my dealer that an update is required for my SQ4 with a 2/14 build date.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yup thats very interesting, because, i have heard the car in ICE mode and Sports mode and the exhaust is one thing i always pay attention to. I can see the clear difference, even in ICE mode the growl is pretty prominent.

I dont think its because of the update itself, but something was touched that its sounding more beautiful now. >:D

Will update the results after a few days and let you know.

what others have found?

·
Registered
863 Posts
In short no. It does not at least not for now. Now coming to the point. Some dealers are lazy. they intend to wait and just wouldn't bother to send out the notification. I was already schedule to take the car out for a check and the first thing they did was to upgrade the software.

I think it would be a wise choice to give them a call.

The question remains: does the software update address and/or affect any of these items independent of sport mode? I have not yet received notification from my dealer that an update is required for my SQ4 with a 2/14 build date.

·
Registered
863 Posts
From what it looks like, yes. I think the exhaust is much more capable of being better. But cant say for sure. I have seen the difference and as soon as i took the car out after the upgrade thats the first thing i told my wife, the growl is much more prominent now.

Something somewhere was touched, what? i have no idea.

You mean the exhaust note can get even BETTER? I took possession of my Ghibli only a week ago (terrific experience at Maserati of Manhattan), and I took it to Connecticut this weekend to stretch its legs. A million things to love (and a few not to), but the exhaust note is exhilarating from INSIDE the car. Judging by what I heard on both upshifts and downshifts when I was under a few bridges (I turned around and drove through one relatively long underpass THREE times!!!), the exhaust note is incredibly ITALIAN! I hope people following me can appreciate it!

So, being that my car is only a week old, is it safe to say my car has this software update? I hope NOT! I can't get enough of the gurgle, growl, burps, pops and grunt our cars possess!!!!

Darrin

1 - 20 of 58 Posts