Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ghibli was 2 weeks old when I parked it in the garage due to rain.

Last Saturday, I opened the front passenger door to put something inside the car and when a went to close it, it didn't close. The window didn't drop and was hitting and A pillar (not a great design -or- security feature when you have no electricity!).

A trickle charge overnight didn't work, so I placed my standard charger on it for 6 hours. It started and so I took it to the dealership.

They replaced the battery with an Interstate (apparently approved by Maserati). I'm compelled to let the car sit again to see what happens.

Meanwhile, I can't use with any confidence for things like driving to the airport unless it's for a 1 or 2 day trip.

I saw one post about this happening to another Ghibli owner after 5 days on this forum - is this isolated to just the two of us?

·
Registered
284 Posts
it's possible that the batteries they're getting have a higher amount of bad one's in the batch.

hopefully all goes well with this one.

what you can do if you want to make sure that the battery is actually good and shows no sign of failing in the near future is to get a load test done to it.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
If I'm not driving for 2-weeks or more I use the battery tender. I have not had a problem within that two week window.
Hopefully your problem was just a defective (or badly run down during transit) battery.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I left for a week and due to previous maserati I have a battery tender but I haven't used it to test my FIAMM battery. Came back and the car started right away. I bet you got a bad batch and since FIAMM are only made in Italy, interstate is a good replacement....I think

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine only gets driven once a week or every other week.
Haven't had a problem so far....<knocks on wodds>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts