Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks into ownership and I LOVE the car. All is great and drive is amazing. I like everyone else am unhappy with the "premium" stereo, but at least with SAT radio its somewhat acceptable. Taking it this weekend to an audio freak friend of mine in LA to see what can be done about bettering the sound without changing the look or functionality of the MTC.

I am coming out of a 2012 XJL- which I really enjoyed. I tell people that was a luxury car that had some performance, and the Maserati is a sports car that has some luxuries. The base XJL comes with features that the Ghibli doesn't even offer (like massage seats, blind spot warning, power trunk closure) and it took me a few days to get passed that. I missed it very much. Especially the sound system. Loud, bumping, crystal clear sound.

HOWEVER.....turning heads with the look of the Ghibli, the response I get from people when I told them I got a Maserati, and THE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AWE INSPIRING SOUND THIS CAR MAKES, has helped me get over the Jag.

Living in So Cal I'm going with one shade under limo for the window tint.

Black on Black
19" Protero's
Black Calipers

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new car.. tell us about the pricing and discount you got.

BTW one of the best tag line i have seen in a while "I tell people that was a luxury car that had some performance, and the Maserati is a sports car that has some luxuries"

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I agree. The sound system is the worst I have ever experienced and yes you have to give up on a few luxury options with Ghibli. Having said that Ghibli is still a unique car. I love the exclusivity and the overall design and performance that comes with it.
Enjoy your new Ghibli. Besides the sound system, I am sure you will like the rest of it :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and congrats on your new car.. tell us about the pricing and discount you got.

BTW one of the best tag line i have seen in a while "I tell people that was a luxury car that had some performance, and the Maserati is a sports car that has some luxuries"

I was working with 4 different dealers around LA, are very cool people who promised everything but when it came down to it, they couldn't give me the deal I wanted. I ended up going to JStar Motors in Anaheim Hills.

Sticker on the car was 84k, final price was $72k zero money down on lease. I'd recommend everyone to Kevin. Super nice guy. Very honest and I was at dealer less than 45. all paperwork done in advance. Got there took it for a drive, signed papers, and sat with Jake who showed me how to use MTC. Plus they gave me a full tank of gas.

A close second would be Sarah at Maserati of Westlake Village. Shes super cool and helpful and while they couldn't make a deal on the exact car I wanted, look up Maserati of Westlake Village on FB. They always have crazy deals.

·
Registered
186 Posts

I agree, LAGHIBLILOVER put an excellent line here!
Congrats on your new car, enjoy! I was considering the XJL early in the decision making process but Ghibli was everything I ever wanted in a car so the choice was easy :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations!!! Please let me know about the stereo upgrades. I'm in LA too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
"GHibli is a sports car with some luxuries" captures the essence of this car beautifully. If you can accept that then all expectations fall into place. Agree with best tag line in a while. Well said my friend.

That said if they can address the annoying little quality issues soon the Ghibli can be a huge winner for Maserati and pull the company out of the red. Right now it is selling on pure passion for the brand.

Enjoy your cars my FFFs (Friends from the Forum- I just made that up :)

PS: Congratulations on your awesome Ghibli

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello buddy you ar the right member i am looking for, i have just sold back my Jaguar XJ short weal base[3L diesal], with a bucket load of options, all the ones you have mentioned! I was really in two minds...now waiting for the Ghibli...which I will get on monday...It is a 3L, Diesal...with all the packs, seconf hand has done 6500 miles, first registered in march 2014...looks prestine...hop[e i have done the right thing...

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thought this was a cool picture...Iconic car in front of iconic bldg....The Clock Tower from Back To The Future.....
Great picture ... my regards to Marty...

·
Registered
357 Posts
hello buddy you ar the right member i am looking for, i have just sold back my Jaguar XJ short weal base[3L diesal], with a bucket load of options, all the ones you have mentioned! I was really in two minds...now waiting for the Ghibli...which I will get on monday...It is a 3L, Diesal...with all the packs, seconf hand has done 6500 miles, first registered in march 2014...looks prestine...hop[e i have done the right thing...
Congratulations. I am sure you'll love your Ghibli. It's the best car I've ever had and I've seen a lot of the others post the same. Get ready to be thrilled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts