Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just purchased a 3 month old Ghibli with 2K miles on the clock. It did not come with a spare wheel and was quoted £700 to purchase one from Maserati. I have since found a company called Wheelwright in Gillingham who are the distributors for a wheel called Road Hero, they claim to have one that will fit the Ghibli for around £300.

The problem that I envisage is that the diameter of the wheel will not fit in the recess in the boot, has anyone experienced this ? Perhaps it is possible to deflate the tyre but I am certain that the inflated rolling diameter wheel will not fit, I would be grateful for any comments.

Regards Canova

PS I have 20" rims

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I have just purchased a 3 month old Ghibli with 2K miles on the clock. It did not come with a spare wheel and was quoted £700 to purchase one from Maserati. I have since found a company called Wheelwright in Gillingham who are the distributors for a wheel called Road Hero, they claim to have one that will fit the Ghibli for around £300.

The problem that I envisage is that the diameter of the wheel will not fit in the recess in the boot, has anyone experienced this ? Perhaps it is possible to deflate the tyre but I am certain that the inflated rolling diameter wheel will not fit, I would be grateful for any comments.

Regards Canova

PS I have 20" rims

Mine did not come with a spare either and finding one that fits the space is near impossible. I have not succeeded yet and I am thinkning of temparoraly 'altering' the space to fit one. I have 21" wheels, which makes it even trickier.
Any tips from anyone here would be MOST appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a spare in my trunk, it comes deflated, but it's not a normal deflated tire it's made to be stored deflated, they include a 12 volt air compressor, weird, I'd just as well get a can of run flat and save the money, the chances of getting a flat are slim let alone a blow out that would require a spare. Lots of cars come with just a run flat kit, could be different in the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I decided to go the way Keith chose as well. The 12V inflator is good, and there are 'run flat' pasts canisters that you can connect to it and pump in to the tyres. You can go up to 50-60mph for 20-30 miles on that form what I can read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts