Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 SQ4 with 35k miles and so I have the spark plug change coming up.

I have been reading the forum and I guess older models need the gap to be between 0.5mm-0.6mm.
I was wondering if it’s the same for a 2018?

also, if I buy the plugs from eBay or Scuderia, will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have been reading the forum and I guess older models need the gap to be between 0.5mm-0.6mm.

I didn't replace spark plugs myself but found this video in case you are interested:
How to Change Spark Plugs 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts

If you buy the specified Maserati spark plugs no warranty issue. The best price is usually from a Ferrari Maserati Central Florida (on Ebay) who sells the exact ones (310235) for your car. Just document the date you changed and plug type in your records. Gap should be the same for 2018. You'll see in the listing they offer to check that it is the right part for your car with last 6 digits of VIN. Typically come gapped already ... just want to make sure none got damaged in handling.

Reactions: 17ghiblisq4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you buy the specified Maserati spark plugs no warranty issue. The best price is usually from a Ferrari Maserati Central Florida (on Ebay) who sells the exact ones (310235) for your car. Just document the date you changed and plug type in your records. Gap should be the same for 2018. You'll see in the listing they offer to check that it is the right part for your car with last 6 digits of VIN. Typically come gapped already ... just want to make sure none got damaged in handling.
appreciate the advice. I was actually looking at the spark plugs from their store on eBay right before I read this. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts