Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far, so good!! I'm a month into the "ebay" OEM rotors and pads and everything is performing perfectly. Stops quick, no squeaking, and no irregular wear. Super happy with the purchase!

Great news Dmass85! Are you able to provide the contact information for where you got the pads and rotors?
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just replaced my front rotors with OEM Maserati and I got the last set of Brembo ceramic pads for the Lexus IS-F from Rock Auto. The pads were only $65.00 and they are Brembo pads so I was happy with that, and they should be more rotor friendly as they are ceramic. Initial impression is that they bite well but will see after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rear brake pads on the upgraded brakes (SQ4) are the same as the fronts from a 1994 Lancia Delta integrale. Depending on which manufacturer you get the pads from (I know 100% you can get Brembos, Akebonos, and Mintex, probably from all the rest), the pads might be a touch thicker, so you might need to rub these off a bit (if you don’t have a special tool, you can do it on the curb in the street ;)). Now the best part - they come with sensors which are a 100% fit (what do you know, these are pads for a Fiat product from 1994). There are actually 2 sensors in the set (one for each side) and we only need one for the left side. Just cut the second sensor and you are golden. You can thank me (and my mechanic, who matched these in a paper catalogue from the early 2000s going page by page, old school) later. Maybe send some beer money over paypal, because these cost, wait for it...

20 euros for the whole set. Compare this to more than 200 plus shipping from scuderia car parts. The only downside is you have to use the pins and brackets from the existing pads, but I think you can live with it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great news Dmass85! Are you able to provide the contact information for where you got the pads and rotors?
Thanks
I also used alpine for pads and rotors been driving on it for about 7 months and great so far I like fact that pads are quiet and my wheels don’t get dirty
I google alpine performance Ghibli brake pads

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanted to chime in I installed the Power Stop Z26 series for my 2016 SQ4 a few weeks ago and have been great.

Z26-1365 Front
Z26-1053 Rear

The stopping power feels the same, maybe a tiny difference in initial bite but perfectly fine. Biggest and best review is the low dust, rims look just the same after 3 weeks of use with only 1 car wash since installing. This for me was the biggest reason for the purchase and feedback on this forum. The Maserati dealership is 5 minutes from me and they said to just do a pad swap (currently at 24,000 miles) with a local garage. Next time around will likely need to do full rotors and pads, but may not own the car by then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my front rotors with OEM Maserati and I got the last set of Brembo ceramic pads for the Lexus IS-F from Rock Auto. The pads were only $65.00 and they are Brembo pads so I was happy with that, and they should be more rotor friendly as they are ceramic. Initial impression is that they bite well but will see after a few hundred miles.
I replaced the rear rotors and pads with R1concept brands. I kept the front rotors but replaced the pads with Posi quiet. The breaking power is slightly less than OEM when cold but less noticeable when warm. JI’d say it’s 15% less. Also both had sensors.
How was the breaking stickiness with the ceramic Brembos that fit on the ISF? I bought them too from Rockauto but didn’t install them yet as the Posi quiet were quiet and stopping power was pretty good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry for the delayed reply. The break in was a few hundred mile before they started ti really feel bed in, but they are not quite as aggressive as the OEM metallic pads. Stopping is great as is pedal feel, but thinking of trying the new hawk Brake 5.0 ceramic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Installed the PowerStop pads over the weekend. Pads fit perfectly, all hardware is correct, they stop fine and there is ZERO dust. Just make sure to follow the bedding procedure and you'll be good to go. Best part, under $150 shipped from RockAuto.

·
Administrator
2,246 Posts
Installed the PowerStop pads over the weekend. Pads fit perfectly, all hardware is correct, they stop fine and there is ZERO dust. Just make sure to follow the bedding procedure and you'll be good to go. Best part, under $150 shipped from RockAuto.
Thanks for sharing the info and pictures ... it's helpful to know what works and where to buy when considering non OEM pads.

·
Registered
2016 Q4 Ghibli, blue with all the upgrades
3 Posts
Just adding to the thanks. Changed pads and other than me being an idiot, it was pretty easy. Rotors next time around

81 - 99 of 99 Posts