Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's 100% false. They are softer than semi-metallic pads and wear the rotors less They do however generate more heat and can, under constant hard driving, potentially warp the rotors. But that's why high performance brakes are generally drilled to allow for better heat dissipation. They still generate dust it's just much lighter in color and less sticky s wheels stay clean longer.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
well I hope you are happy and keep us posted as if the pads are as you say many will be interested including myself

I did once, and had a bad experience of changing on my M6 BMW and I killed my rotors with it, especially if you do quite a lot of town and if you speed fast ( highways with no speed limit around here )
so with that disappointment, and 3200 euro lighter, I've put all back OEM

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
this is my rotors pads today ( all original still from the factory) the car is almost 22000 miles .. the rotors have not so much worn and the pads still fine.. the car will be 3 years in June
For my personal use, I am very satisfied as it is, although the rotors and breaks seams to tiny for such a car ( visually and under high-performance driving)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
He has seen some rain but not much.. I clean it sometimes..taking wheel out cleaning put all back... I like to do it.
Have a look on detailing topic

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have just installed EBC Yellowstuff pads front and rear on my 2015 SQ4. Pedal feel and response are great, much better than the ceramic Brembo (Lexus is250) pads I had in the front, but the pads are very dusty. Just an FYI for you all for aftermarket performance pads. They are about $150.00 per axle, so significantly more than Power Stop but less than OEM by quite a bit. I feel they are a much better alternative to OEM pads, as they have a great feel that gets lost with most others but the reputation of the brand and the performance is there at a much better price point.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts