Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I watched the whole thing, all 45 min of it. I noticed at one point where the sun roof was shown, that there is a prominent bulge or ridge along the rear edge of the sunroof. And the bulge (though less prominent) actually extends further back into the roof of the rear passenger compartment. Its there to accommodate the retracted sunroof I surmise. But I have sunroof in my MBZ or my Honda minivan. But they don't have that prominent bulge that seem to lower the roof noticeably.
Can any one that has Ghibli with sunroof comment on this? Is it obtrusive, Does it bother you to have that bulge in the roofline? Or is it a Non-issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I watched the whole thing, all 45 min of it. I noticed at one point where the sun roof was shown, that there is a prominent bulge or ridge along the rear edge of the sunroof. And the bulge (though less prominent) actually extends further back into the roof of the rear passenger compartment. Its there to accommodate the retracted sunroof I surmise. But I have sunroof in my MBZ or my Honda minivan. But they don't have that prominent bulge that seem to lower the roof noticeably.
Can any one that has Ghibli with sunroof comment on this? Is it obtrusive, Does it bother you to have that bulge in the roofline? Or is it a Non-issue.
Thanks
The car I test drove had the sunroof, it doesn't limit headroom by any significant margin but I will not order the option on my car. I hate that bulge, but for some it may be a non-issue, I'm a bit OCD, and the most insignificant things sometimes drive me crazy, as I'm sure that bulge will until I get used to it., and I also dislike the black colored rectangle on the top of my car. It's quite small as well and I will probably almost never use it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This video was kind of a let down. It's just a lot of regurgitation of specifications and release notes. The guy did not put much of his own view into the review, which is what we look for in a proper review.

Also, I hate the artificial voice that he uses to try and make it sound "professional".

So in the end, it's like having the specs of the car read back to me in a monotonous manner that contains no real analysis. The guy has an impressive list of videos, but I clicked on a few others and all of them are done the exact same way.

What a waste of time and energy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Super long video at 45 minutes long but if you're serious about the Ghibli and want to buy one or know more about your ghibli, it's worth the watch.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Interesting, I've seen this "reviewer" before, thorough, but more of a walk through than a review. But what is striking about this review are the comments in the youtube post. There is a lot of hate out there toward the Ghibli. Much much more hate than the QP, which IMO is nearly identical to the Ghibli. Probably a mix of class envy and territorial aggression. _shrug_

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why do they care?

Again I ask why do these people care? I've been on the Audi TT forum for years and the Mercedes SLK forum and I've never seen anything like this. Those forums have strong differing models debate but all in good sport. Maybe I should go on a Porsche forum and call them all idiots for buying cars with $30k in options or maybe Ferrari for $25k for carbon trim. I can imagine their response would be the same as ours!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Everyone likes to talk about things that they think others don't know about, and they exaggerate the facts for effect, or are simply talking at length about something they have only a cursory knowledge about. It's easy to just talk without putting anything on the line. I put my money where my mouth is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts