Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a grigio with tan and black interior SQ4 on friday afternoon. Just wanted to add my experience to the forum. The front of the car is amazing, the profile is nice, the rear is an afterthought. The front cabin space is nice and roomy, the rear is a little tight. I don't really care about the rear though, I'm not sitting in it, and I really won't have too many passengers in the back either. The seats are supple and envelop you when you sit in them, yet give you nice support. The rear view is a little small but adequate. The car I drove had the open pore radica trim. A lot nice in the car than in pictures or as the sample. It keeps the look of the interior clean.

Starting the car has that nice rumble. Inside, its really muted. Even in sport mode, I didn't think it was intrusive, I actually like that low level hum. Outside, the car had a great sound especially in Sport mode. The Navigation is nothing to write home about. I tend not to use the built in navigation anyways because they are almost always outdated. Sound was on par with other vehicles in the segment. Nothing special. Played with the shifter and got used to how to put in reverse, drive, park. The owner wanted to demonstrate that right off the bat, so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Once I set off, the car was well mannered. Steering was a good balance between movement and response. Definitely not stiff. The ride was nice and smooth, even over bumps. I think that had to do with the sidewall of the tire(18" rims). Couldn't really tell the difference between sport mode and regular mode in terms of the handling, but didn't really push it that hard. The throttle response and shift points were different, as you would expect.

In terms of acceleration, there were a few things I noticed, you do have to push the pedal down a little more that what I'm used to, to get a response, but once it goes, it produces a nice growl and then goes. There is a sweet spot when you feel the twin turbos kicking in, and if you aren't used to it, you will get the sudden 'push' forward. But with these little nuances, I can easily retrain my pedal usage and get used to how the car responds. Braking was another story. When you hit the brakes, those 6 caliper pistons, really bite. I little sensitive at first, but again, just something to used to.

Overall, very pleased with the car. Fun to drive. Just can't wait for mine to get in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
the initial disappointment in acceleration is likely due to the turbo lag.

thank you for your insight redboy

·
Registered
324 Posts
The turbo chargers have nothing to do with initial throttle response. As others have pointed out in this forum it's software that controls throttle input sensitivity.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wish you had pics.. this is the interior i d like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts