Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our rear wheel drive just started to squeak a little after 3 weeks. Anyone having this happen? Over at Maserati Life there was a post that said dealer replaced pads and even front rotors but didn't really help. He just found out there is a factory fix with different pads that his dealer just received. I'm going to try the "bedding" thing but has anyone come across this? As nice as they are my dealer tends to the no one else has mentioned this position until they check with Maser.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm pleased to say that ours has not, yet, developed squeaky brakes. But, the very first RWD Ghibli that the dealer pulled-around for us to test drive had extremely loud squeaky brakes. Not a great first impression. And then, to really test our resolve, water started pouring out of the overhead console. Luckily it drained almost entirely into the cup holders, below. I'm hoping someone just failed to close the sunroof all the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I am having squeaky issues as well. We live in Illinois where we are having a terrible winter and my dealer said that it was probably rust on the brakes and that it should wear off in a few weeks. Do those need to be replaced too from what I'm reading?

·
Registered
29 Posts
the brakes are not made for moderate drivers and need to be applied a little more aggressiveness - Its a sports car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts