Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got or seen a Ghibli with the standard headlining? All cars I've seen had the optional Alcantara. Any pictures or thoughts on it? Alcantara is a 1250 EUR option, was wondering if it's worth it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I do not get that option.......how often are you looking at the headliner.......supposed to be very soft but are you really going to rub it??? but I shelled out 1,200 for "double paned" glass and cannot get any technical details about it so to each his own.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have had it in some cars and not in others. I like it when I have it but I never miss it when I don't.

I did not get it in my Ghibli.

·
Registered
103 Posts
To me, alcantara headliners make a huge difference, just a much more elegant look and give the car a much more expensive/premium essence inside. The big kicker is that they're along the A, B and C Pillars which you do look at often.

I find the standard headliner of the Ghibli okay. Not cheap by any means like the scratchy/sandpaper-like headliner you have on some Mercedes', and they have some nice padding when you touch them on the Ghibli (and yes I like to touch around my cars, you can tell how good the car "really" is by doing such as the attention to detail speaks volumes about a car overall).

·
Registered
117 Posts
may i ask what you liked about it? just curious as it is too late for me at this point but maybe for the next car.....
It feels great and and it has a certain "wow factor" when people get in your car. In the Ghibli the wow factor is exhaust note (and the fact that its a Maserati).

I probably would have gotten it if I bought my car but I lease so it didn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
its nice to have but it is in now way an essential.
Essential? :) This is a Maserati. As I see it alcantara makes a huge difference, definite "Wow!" in my car. I'd easily spend twice the price to have it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The standard headliner is ok, nice as well. But I fully agree with rsm: alcantara makes really a huge difference. Anyway if one can afford he/she should take more or less all options to get a real Maserati as well for the eyes not only for the ears.

·
Registered
324 Posts
RSM - I believe Maserati corporate reads these forums…you should be getting a bill in the mail shortly! lol
Yikes! But I think you probably know how I feel about the Ghibli's price point et al... In any case I sure hope the decision makers at maserati actually do care about what is said here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would not have ordered it, but bought a car in inventory that had it.

One pleasant surprise I found was that the hideous airbag warning labels on the sunvisors that plague all modern cars, peeled off very easily. I've always hated having these things visible, but every other car I've owned has had them somehow bonded at a sub-atomic level, and were impossible to remove.

Do the labels on the standard headliner come off easily too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone got or seen a Ghibli with the standard headlining? All cars I've seen had the optional Alcantara. Any pictures or thoughts on it? Alcantara is a 1250 EUR option, was wondering if it's worth it.
As usual I agree with RSM - Black Alcantara is great. It's the kind of detail that goes unnoticed by most people but adds to the overall appeal. It's subtle but makes a huge difference.

It makes the cabin seem smaller and a nicer place to be. I also hate seeing cheap grey pillars through the windows from the outside of any car. Black pillars disappear and make for a clean look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agreed, makes a huge difference in the ambiance of the cabin and looks luxurious. It's a nice alcantara too. Had a car before with it and didn't feel nearly as nice to the touch or look as good as it does in the Maserati.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It makes the cabin seem smaller and a nicer place to be. I also hate seeing cheap grey pillars through the windows from the outside of any car. Black pillars disappear and make for a clean look.
I'm sure the alcantara headlining looks great, but the standRd headlining doesn't look cheap either right ? Especially if both are in Nero/black, does it really look that much differnt unless you put your hand on it to feel the difference?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the standard headlining and honestly, it is nice...better then most headlining I've seen in cars. It feels like alcantara, I'm almost wondering if they made a mistake and put it in mine as it looks and feels like alcantara. My car was just shy of $90K sticker…so who knows, maybe I got lucky or maybe the standard is that good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree with anderson. I have the standard headlining and needed to compare it to others at the delarship that listed it to figure out whether I had also gotton "lucky".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts