Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone give me a step by step process on how to turn ON start and stop in 2017 ghibli

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can't force it to be permanently on, or for that matter permanently off. Every time you cycle the ignition, the start & stop is enabled by default. While enabled, the car can choose to automatically disable it for a while if the engine is not up to the operating temperature or if the a/c needs to run. The button on the console, or the option in the menu only allows you to disable start & stop until you cycle the ignition again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok Im going to test this out I will get back to you because I like the start and stop. and randomly at a red light I noticed it didn't get activated

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have this feature in my Ghibli, but do in a newer Jeep. As noted, it defaults 'on' with ignition, but I frequently see a dash warning that the battery voltage is not high enough to engage s/s. The battery is just a few years old and functioning perfectly normally for starting and every other requirement, just not the threshold required for s/s to activate.

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
This is from a 2019 with MTC+ but should provide some insights ... I don't have the feature on my Ghibli.

Reactions: milanojess

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ha ha ha. Good info. I'll have to compare with my Jeep manual. So basically, the manual essentially says that than under no circumstances will this feature operate while the sky is blue, water is wet, the earth revolves around the sun and the laws of physics remain in effect. Cool. Always helps to know where you stand. 😉

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha ha. Good info. I'll have to compare with my Jeep manual. So basically, the manual essentially says that than under no circumstances will this feature operate while the sky is blue, water is wet, the earth revolves around the sun and the laws of physics remain in effect. Cool. Always helps to know where you stand. 😉
hey Sean what do u mean by what ur saying

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just joking, at Maserati's expense.
There are literally 20 bullet points on when the system Won't activate, that you would hardly ever find yourself in a situation where s/s was able to work (kidding).

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
I found that if the car sits for a week or two (which is regrettably typical as I don't have a lot of places to go lately), the battery loses some charge and the S/S will not work until I run the battery up to full charge. I have also noticed that when the engine is cold it does not work. So there are safeguards built in, but I am trying to make it a habit to disable it whenever I start the car. I find S/S annoying as ****.

·
Registered
2017 Maserati Ghibli S
2 Posts
can someone give me a step by step process on how to turn ON start and stop in 2017 ghibli
So after owning my 2017 Ghibli S for just about a year now, the start/Stop feature finally turned on! I happened to have the AC off and was driving through town and it randomly activated and kept working. Not sure if that helps you but I was convinced the feature wasn’t available on my car up until this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts