Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just modified the subwoofer in my S Q4 and the sound improved appreciably. They said it took longer than expected as they had to remove and install installation. This was there first as apparently Maserati has not released a bulletin with a factory fix or authorization.

Anyway, I can now play the bass as high as I like it with not distortion or rumble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Assume you have the Premium Sound package on your car - how does it sound -at par with standard factory systems from german marques?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just left my dealer. While I was there the service manager emailed his guy at Maserati about sub and satelite. Official permanent fix for sat issue coming for all cars end of march. Still working on a official fix for sub. Tech told me original idea for sub was for the whole trunk to be its enclosure. This assumes it is air tight and nothing is in it, of course it isn't! European logic. It will be interesting to see if they can solve this problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just left my dealer. While I was there the service manager emailed his guy at Maserati about sub and satelite. Official permanent fix for sat issue coming for all cars end of march. Still working on a official fix for sub. Tech told me original idea for sub was for the whole trunk to be its enclosure. This assumes it is air tight and nothing is in it, of course it isn't! European logic. It will be interesting to see if they can solve this problem.
Almost comical…the Italians lol.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This assumes it is air tight and nothing is in it, of course it isn't!
That sounds like dealership bullsh*t. No way the engineers would be that ignorant, Italian or otherwise. As shortsighted as it is this smells more like another of many cut corners on Maserati's part to lower the base cost of the Ghibli. And I'm pretty sure Maserati engineering and assembly is now heavily influenced and in many ways run by... Germans.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sound system

yes have to talk to my dealer to see if they are ready to fix speaker problem. purchased in manhatten maserati. i just dont understand how they can let the car be delivered with this problem.only sounds decent if you play symphony instrumental music with no base witch i dont listen to.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The trunk wasn't Maser it was the tech who does high end sound upgrades on the dealers Ferraris. Believe it or not some high end cars with power trunks work with this. Obviously not from Maser. They will eventually have to change this, just hope there is some upgrade for us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes have to talk to my dealer to see if they are ready to fix speaker problem. purchased in manhatten maserati. i just dont understand how they can let the car be delivered with this problem.only sounds decent if you play symphony instrumental music with no base witch i dont listen to.
Please let me know how they respond. Manhattan Maserati is part of the same auto group as Fort Lauderdale Maserati - where I purchased my car. I can't stand that bass rumble...:(

·
Registered
852 Posts
please advise I am getting mine delivered by Manhattan Maserati mid March and plan to provide my salesmen with a pre-delivery checklist.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. It is premium sound. Since the fix, much, much better, actually good and at least on par with my previous A7.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes. It is premium sound. Since the fix, much, much better, actually good and at least on par with my previous A7.
Having the fix down right now. As an audiophile, while the largest glaring issue is with the subwoofer insulation, I also feel the highs and mids sound extremely flat. I'll see, but likely I'll be going aftermarket speakers and a line-converter to improve the sound dramatically. It seems an amp may not be needed as the power amp from the factory on the Premium system is pretty strong. I'll update in the next few weeks as whether I move forward with aftermarket or not and if so, what exactly I replace/upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Details on Subwoofer Fix

If there is a service bulletin or clear instructions about what is being done to fix the unacceptable "rattle/distortion," it would be appreciated. My local dealer seems unaware of the widespread nature of the problem and is lacking a solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bimper who was your service advisor? i need to get that fixed also, they had to replace the amplifier on my car already for it cutting out, but still have the sub ratteling issue and SAT cutting out

·
Registered
14 Posts
I, too, have the sat cutting out and the audio not starting up at times. I posted that one separately. Dealer insisted it wasn't the amp.

·
Registered
695 Posts
MarkS it is not the amp, we can blame it for the lame performance. I watched my serv. manager e-mail his counter part at Maser about the Sat. problem. The answer was there would be a fix for all cars by end of March, nothing on the bass speaker. My guy theorized that antenna was installed at port with bad install or bad part. Not everyone is complaining about it, only 5 out of 20 sales at my dealer, maybe not signed up to sat service!

·
Registered
78 Posts
After I picked up my car I called the service department about the sat. issue. The service manager said he was not aware of it as I was the first one to mention the issue--seems strange as my dealer is the 2nd largest (in terms of sales) in the country. In any event I called Maserati North America and they are well aware of the issue. They believe a fix will be out shortly and they do not know if it will be a hardware or a software fix. They are suppose to notify me when the fix is out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joe at the Collection. He took care of it but their is no official bulletin from Maserati, yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello maugust100, can you tell me what number you called to contact Maserati USA. I may need to give them a call to get some info about 2015 model year.
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
The issue with the sub vibrating is actually the speaker grill on top of the sub that is integrated into the rear deck of the interior…that is what vibrates. The sub itself is an open enclosure in the trunk and attempts to use the trunk as it's housing…it is crap, but the cheap plastic grill is where the vibration comes from.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts