Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been looking at these thread for some time about the sub woofer rattle and how its killing the audio and seems like the most prominent rattle of all.

So here is what I know and for sure knows it works.

When i got to my car in June 2014. I asked my dealer to insulate the subwoofer since it was a known issue then and when i went to pick up the car, this is what he told me.

" The tech went in to insulate the sub woofer, but then he didnt do it since, my car has power rear blind in the car, the sub woofer is very tightly setup in the back with the metal bars."

I said ok and i will check it after driving to see if there is any rattle. Amazingly in all the time i have driven the car, no matter how high the volume or the bass, I dont hear any rattle. So what he said seems completely correct.

Now if anyone of you have this rattle, go to the dealer ask them to check how the woofer is setup in a car with rear power blind. If they can replicate the same way to setup the woofer. I think it will result in a permanent fix for at least this major rattle.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Makes sense.
When I first bought the car in sub freezing temperature I had a slight occasional rattle that went away when weather warmed up, (probably wasn't the sub). Even though I have the power sun blind, the dealer went ahead and installed the dynamat to be proactive. No rattles ... the bass will distort before it rattles.

Reactions: sverzi

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just had my subwoofer fixed ( and told me I was the first 2015 , Since they were suppose to fix it) Well doesn t rattle anymore and actually sounds a lot better ( they inverted the subwoofer as well) . But .. have to do some extreme EQ to get a decent sound.. and those speakers are definitely not high quality but dealer told me they re better than what they use to put in other cars.
That said I'll wait for the MTC upgrade and then might change the speakers.
I asked about the upgrade last Thursday. It seemed like i knew more than them about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our 2014 Ghibli has been in like 4 times to the shop to "fix" rattle. After this last visit and insulation still not fixed. BUT I FOUND THE RATTLE SOURCE! This was tested with the song Flex by Rich Hommie Quan so you know it is a legit fix.

The piece of the deck lid between the 3rd brake light and the rear window. Turn volume up with trunk open and watch. You will see it vibrate and rattle.

The solution below the deck lid are small holes in the metal there are two, one on each side of the light. I shoved a napkin between the deck lid and the metal rim (don't know what to call it).

BAM! Fixed. I would like to thank Starbucks napkins and my wife for taking a long time to get ready for me fixing this lagging issue.

Next week I am going to 3D print a long flexible wedge to fix it correctly. Pictures to come!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts