Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer reached out to me a week or so ago asking if I was up for them having another try it fixing the issue since so far they have been unable. I know a lot of people here in this forum are on a roll complaining about the car and the company but I have to say that I feel like they are going at it hard to try to make me happy. To help them focus in on the issue, I brought in a SD card with the song "Royals" from Lorde on it (purchased from iTunes). It has the perfect bass line to abuse the system. With that I was able to give them the ability to easily recreate the issue.

Based on what I learned today, I think that nearly everybody has the issue they just might now know they do. If you only listen to FM radio or XM radio or listen to classical or soft rock, you might not come across it. But if you listen to dance pop music, it is quite easy to create.

Anyway, the dealer took the back deck apart 6 different times over the course of the afternoon adding more insulation and damping tape each time. After the sixth attempt they had materially reduce the vibrations but not completely. At that point, they filmed a video of the vibrations which they sent to Maserati for further review.

This morning I got a call that Maserati had some new ideas they want to try but I have not yet had a chance bring the back the car. Hopefully, they will get it perfect. Even now, it is freaky close to a decent system after all the work yesterday.

So I am hopeful the issue can be fixed and impressed with their determination to make me happy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Glad to hear. Sounds like you have a dealer that's trying hard to rectify the issue, kudos to them!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, keep this thread alive with updates because after playing "Royals" from Lorde and a few rap songs yesterday, I just realized that my sub fix is far from being successful. :(

BTW, where is your dealer? Perhaps if my dealer gets in touch with them, they can try the same fix on my car. Perhaps we will get a fix that works for everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts