Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Dropped my car off yesterday to fix a few issues.

1. Easy Entry will not turn on
2. Window doesn't go all the way up after opening/closing door
3. Subwoofer vibration.

I had to tell the dealer about the software update about the AC and the window. Funny thing is that I have not experienced the window issue till I drove it to the dealer. It happened right at the spot.

Subwoofer vibration issue. They actually fixed it (at least tried to) once already. Still vibrates. I thought it was taken care of till I played a song with some bass one day. I only had the volume at 14 and bass at +5 (max is +9). So that's not normal. Picking up the car today. Hopefully they got it right this time.
Anyone that's going to fix this issue. I strongly suggest bringing a song with heavy bass and leave it with the technician. I think dealers probably just follow the standard protocal, pad it with some foam, seal it, and call it done without testing it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Subwoofer vibration issue. They actually fixed it (at least tried to) once already. Still vibrates. I thought it was taken care of till I played a song with some bass one day. I only had the volume at 14 and bass at +5 (max is +9). So that's not normal. Picking up the car today. Hopefully they got it right this time.
Anyone that's going to fix this issue. I strongly suggest bringing a song with heavy bass and leave it with the technician. I think dealers probably just follow the standard protocal, pad it with some foam, seal it, and call it done without testing it.
They have tried to fix this issue the last 3 times I have had my car in. It still vibrates like you wouldn't believe. I dropped my car off this morning and ask them to tighten the speaker grille/cover to see if that works.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
My dealer took shelf out and used felt to insulate shelf on second try. Made a big difference . But still sucks for the money.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, this issue can't be fixed 100%?!

Weird thing is... When I played the song with heavy bass on my way to the dealer. The vibration went away. I was worried that I can't recreate the vibration to them. Then when I got there. I played it again. It came back. I wonder what is causing it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
just curious, this is under the warranty? Any Maser dealer can work on it?
Yes, the first time they repaired it, it was still awful. The second time, they added more insulation. The third time, they said nothing was wrong with it. Hopefully, I will have my car back tomorrow with some type of improvement.

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
Even though I don't have the subwoofer vibration the dealer wanted to fix it up. Two days of work next week ... subwoofer, software updates and updated Sirius antenna. Hopefully, I don't end up with a rattle, but expect this will also improve bass a bit too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So, this issue can't be fixed 100%?!

Weird thing is... When I played the song with heavy bass on my way to the dealer. The vibration went away. I was worried that I can't recreate the vibration to them. Then when I got there. I played it again. It came back. I wonder what is causing it.
I've had mine at the dealer for the subwoofer fix two times already. It still rattles, not as bad, but still does. Strangely, I find it rattles more in the mornings when it's not as hot and then goes away after the car has been sitting in the sun. I wonder if it's expanding in the heat and that helps prevent the rattling.

Anyway, when I take it in again for the third time, I'll make sure to go in the morning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Even though I don't have the subwoofer vibration the dealer wanted to fix it up. Two days of work next week ... subwoofer, software updates and updated Sirius antenna. Hopefully, I don't end up with a rattle, but expect this will also improve bass a bit too.
BeerGuy - did your dealer reach out to you to do these fixes/updates or had you contacted them? Just curious; my car's been fine so far (touch wood) but have not heard one word from the dealer since taking delivery and I know I'll eventually need to schedule these updates.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.

got the car back.
window: fixed.
easy entry: fixed.
Bass vibration: Improved. still vibrates a little.

Don't think this vibration issue can be 100% fixed. I for sure will not be able to crank the volume and bass all the way up. I wonder if different dealer will be able to fix it better.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Guys, i have been seeing about this Bass Vibration / sub woofer issue for some time now and thought i just chime in a little bit.

When i took delivery of the car i asked the dealer about the same issue and wanted him to fix it before delivery. He was aware of that and said he would fix it. The day i went to pickup my car i went through the check list to make sure everything was fixed when i asked him about the sub-woofer vibration issue, he said that they did not do the padding or anything, since the mount is already pretty tightened and secure.

The reason , i have the cold weather package such gives you the rear power sunshade. Since they have put that in place they have to really tighten the whole part pretty well.

And i never had that vibration issue no matter what the volume, bass, or anything.

I would suggest if any one of you goes to their dealer again, should ask them to look how the rear power sunshade is setup and if they would secure the back the same way. I am sure it would eliminate the vibration 100%.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, i have been seeing about this Bass Vibration / sub woofer issue for some time now and thought i just chime in a little bit.

When i took delivery of the car i asked the dealer about the same issue and wanted him to fix it before delivery. He was aware of that and said he would fix it. The day i went to pickup my car i went through the check list to make sure everything was fixed when i asked him about the sub-woofer vibration issue, he said that they did not do the padding or anything, since the mount is already pretty tightened and secure.

The reason , i have the cold weather package such gives you the rear power sunshade. Since they have put that in place they have to really tighten the whole part pretty well.

And i never had that vibration issue no matter what the volume, bass, or anything.

I would suggest if any one of you goes to their dealer again, should ask them to look how the rear power sunshade is setup and if they would secure the back the same way. I am sure it would eliminate the vibration 100%.
Good idea. Thank you!!

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
BeerGuy - did your dealer reach out to you to do these fixes/updates or had you contacted them? Just curious; my car's been fine so far (touch wood) but have not heard one word from the dealer since taking delivery and I know I'll eventually need to schedule these updates.
Dealer did not reach out directly to me. I contacted them when I had a one time air conditioner question where is was blasting out defroster vents and not front vents. I wanted to know if they had experienced that sporadic issue. It was then, that the dealer said for my VIN and build date (12/13) that there were 4 software updates, (one of which addressed the AC), improvement for the Sirius signal and subwoofer. They knew I was 90 miles away so was waiting for me to have a reason to come in ... my first service isn't due until March 2015

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts

I also have the cold weather package with sunshade. I only noticed a couple times when the car was brand new and parked outside in 30 degree F cold weather. Otherwise ... nothing at high volume or "premium" deep bass. They suggested to do the fix as it also can improve low frequency sound (bass punch). I'll find out next week after (if) they complete the service

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just picked up my car and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! They have found the problem (mine anyway) with the subwoofer in the premium stereo. The rattle and vibration is coming from the third brake light housing.

I can't believe the difference! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just picked up my car and the difference is NIGHT and DAY! They have found the problem (mine anyway) with the subwoofer in the premium stereo. The rattle and vibration is coming from the third brake light housing.

I can't believe the difference! :D
do you just call them and schedule an appointment about the speakers?

·
Registered
292 Posts
do you just call them and schedule an appointment about the speakers?
I had my car in for a number of things. Most of them corrected on this visit, but they still had to order some parts....

If your premium sound system is still rattling after they have tried to fix it, I would call and make an appt. to have them look at the housing around the third brake light. This is the 4th time they have looked at it for me and now I am extremely pleased (with the difference).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts