Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeremy is complaining about gear selector (everybody had this issue, and we know that it takes some time to get used to it), then about all the time beeping parking sensors just because the car is big and there is always something around in the sensitive area of PDC. He imagined that touch-screen interface is too difficult with many submenus and it would be better to have buttons for all the functions, like to turn off the PDC. He claims heater feebleness and woolly steering, throttle and gearbox. He dislikes only one column stalk with mixed windscreen wipers and turn signals. I dislike it too. The brakes are a bit on-or-off, which I disagree. I control the brakes very easily (I have the top brakes). He liked the smooth and quiet suspension as well as boot space. And in overall it looks like grumbling of an old men, but from the very beginning he compares Ghibli with the Maserati of his dream, which Maserati never produced actually. And in the conclusion when he realizes the price sticker, it becomes obvious that it is a beeping bargain.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have to agree with him about the heater which takes longer to warm up than any car I have ever had. Overall a positive rather than negative review with the Maserati name a big plus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heater is not good
I used the interface to manually put full on windscreen until clear and then through the centre vents.
Was very icy today and took ages to clear
Would take forever on auto air con even with windscreen button on.
With my other car I had a very good heater and electric heated windscreen!

He is right about the gear lever too
You only have to accidentally touch it and it goes into some faux manual mode.
Others you have to push to one side or something else deliberate

Brakes are good though as is rest of car

As for Jeremy you just have to accept him as he is (funny)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Was pleased to read the comments regarding the heater problem.
Here in the UK, we are starting to really feel winter & I was starting to think I may of had a problem with mine.
I find it hard to understand that a fine car as this is, can be supplied with such an inferior heater that just takes ages to warm the large cabin space.
Wonder if this is something that could be sorted by a fix ?.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well I like my heated steering wheel which is warm in a blink!! Oh and It is a MASERATI..........so I do not recognize all the minor issues every one grumbles about......too cold.......wear a coat..........radio sucks...........crack the window and listen to the finest symphony ever made...........cannot shift......figure it out!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well I like my heated steering wheel which is warm in a blink!! Oh and It is a MASERATI..........so I do not recognize all the minor issues every one grumbles about......too cold.......wear a coat..........radio sucks...........crack the window and listen to the finest symphony ever made...........cannot shift......figure it out!!!
Jeez! You are seriously in love with your car mate. Nice to see the passion. Enjoy. Cheers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Coming from Southern California , I will say the A/C works extremely well! If someone could paste the review text it would be greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting--I am in Michigan---we have had some fairly cold weather already. I have not had any problem with the heat---but then again I have it set with auto start to warm the seats and blow heat---maybe I am just used to other cars with worse systems!!!!! My good old Ferrari Mondial t (not that I dared drive that one in the cold temps too much) was borderline between being warmer with the system on versus my holding up a lit match for warmth!!! The Maserati is just too cool in all respects for me to complain about the strength of the heating system!!!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I think we all complain too much about this car however none of us wants to give it up. Some of these issues are expected as it's the first production year for Ghibli. Pound for pound it's still the best car out there in my opinion. There is not another car out there that can give you so much excitement and exclusivity for the price.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think the general tone of the review was pretty spot on. She's not a perfect car by any means, but does giving me a certain stirring of the soul the brand provides, and at the really affordable price to play.... I'm happy. And really that's why we buy pretty shiny things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts