Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any issues of using Sunpass mini or transponder in your Maserati Ghibli windshield? Thanks...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does anyone have any issues of using Sunpass mini or transponder in your Maserati Ghibli windshield? Thanks...
My garage remote doesnt work that well when inside the car w all window close. in my other cars, I could open the garage alot further distance.
I have the fastrak (auto tool transponder) and it doesn't work at all with all windows close also. :(

·
Administrator
2,457 Posts
No problems for me with EZ pass which is mounted inside the front windshield. I did replace (trade in) one with weak signal just before I bought the car ... which I presume was battery related.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Wendy,

No issues with the mini transponder in the three weeks I've had it on. Located under rear view on pax side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ditto - EZPass has worked well so far.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sunpass

I use a EZ-pass with no problems up north but am also familiar with Florida Sun Passes during trips to FL. The Sun-passes are much smaller, like credit cards, so it's possible they may be lower power and thus a problem in Ghiblis--just a guess.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've only had 2 or 3 instances where it didn't register. I have the EZ-Pass sticker thing on the window shield mounted under the rear view mirror. I think the issue people are having is the Ghibli has UV/Noise absorbing laminated glazing on the front windshield that may interfere or inhibit the strength of the signals.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
" I think the issue people are having is the Ghibli has UV/Noise absorbing laminated glazing on the front windshield that may interfere or inhibit the strength of the signals. "

Last week I went through tolls in OH and NY and my Illinois I-PASS failed to work. On the way back, I purchased a brand new NY E-ZPass that failed to work. I called Illinois and they are sending a replacement, although the unit is only a couple years old. I spoke to NY and the Maserati is not on their list of vehicles that need an external transponder.

Can anyone expound on this UV/noise absorbing laminated glazing and could that be the issue with my 2018??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts