Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic assembly of my sunroof keeps rattling. It gets better when the shade is closed but is pretty bad when the shade is open.

I can stop the rattle by putting my finger on the plastic assembly...but that's not really a solution. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the same issue. The dealership had my car for a few days, took out the headliner and adjusted something. Unfortunately, it is back and I will be making another appointment to have them fix it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
292 Posts
@Italia81

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine is going back to the dealership on Friday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same Sunroof Rattle issue

Hey guys any luck on this issue ..

My Dealer just told me that this is a known issue and there is nothing much they can do about it ..

I am pissed .. all this money and can't even drive the car in peace .. its super annoying .. completely destroys the driving experience ..

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Just curious, is it the sunroof itself rattling or the sunshade? I live in SE PA with some brutal roads and am lucky not to have encounter this ... yet! Do you drive with the shade open or closed?

I had a '13 E-class that did this - drove me nuts until I started driving with the shade closed ... made all the difference. Just an "outloud" thought is all ...

·
Administrator
2,297 Posts
Hey guys any luck on this issue ..

My Dealer just told me that this is a known issue and there is nothing much they can do about it ..

I am pissed .. all this money and can't even drive the car in peace .. its super annoying .. completely destroys the driving experience ..
That's not an acceptable response from a dealer for a car under warranty. If you do have a rattle they should be able to diagnose where it is coming from ... and take corrective action.

I don't have the rattle and I don't think it's as widespread as your dealer suggests. Call around to another dealer or reach back to your current dealer and explain this is not acceptable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hallo!

I have a 2016 Ghibli and my sunroof makes bad noises when it is closed. Driving without closed shade cover is not possible, ist is so annoying ...

Thank you for any help!

Peter

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hallo!

I have a 2016 Ghibli and my sunroof makes bad noises when it is closed. Driving without closed shade cover is not possible, ist is so annoying ...

Thank you for any help!

Peter
I had a wind noise issue and the dealer replaced my entire sunroof. The issue has since been fixed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I find mine "creaks" when the car is cold and the temp outside is cold, but as soon as the cabin warms up it stops. I had the dealer check it early on before I figured out it was the cold temp causing it. They put some grease on the seals which did nothing with regard to the cold temp creak and just made it messy.

·
Administrator
2,297 Posts
I've not had any rattles or squeaks over the 6+ years I've owned the car. Over time, (year 4), I did develop wind noise that the dealer first adjusted sunroof to resolve. Next year wind noise came back and the adjusted and replaced the felts around sunroof for a more positive seal. That significantly reduced wind noise but it is still somewhat noticeable if your looking for it at highway speeds. The drone of the exhaust makes the wind noise less noticeable. For me can't complain too much as you wouldn't expect car to have perfect seals after so many years of ownership.
I suspect dealer would align first, check felts/replace if necessary and lastly replace sunroof unit if really bad or it leaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How did the wind noise sound?

I have a sound which starts at 130 km/h and ends at 150 km/h - it is like a howling and only if I accelerate. At constant driving there is no noice...

Thanks alot!

·
Administrator
2,297 Posts
How did the wind noise sound?

I have a sound which starts at 130 km/h and ends at 150 km/h - it is like a howling and only if I accelerate. At constant driving there is no noice...

Thanks alot!
The wind noise I'm referring to is not a howling. The easiest way is crack your drivers window open ever so slightly and you'll hear the air noise which is consistent to what I'm referring to on sunroof.

The air coming up over windshield must be getting up into the drainage channels / felt seal around sunroof when you accelerate. I don't notice that at the speeds you mention.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts