Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common for car to almost bottom out when going over uneven (not bumpy) surfaces ?

Otherwise very happy 2015 owner

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've scrapped my belly over speed bumps at stock height. I find the suspension a bit too soft for my taste. Waiting for a better aftermarket solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed-wonder if dealer can do anything. I'm in Long Island. Let me know if you find anything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree the suspension could be stiffer. I find that my car will bottom out if there is a dip in the road.

Don't get me started on speed bumps....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Same thing here in NYC... 2015 SQ4 scrapping the bottom each time i get in or out of parking garages, Bumps have been OK at very low speed.. (and I go very slow) With just my wife as a passenger, he only solution so far is to have passenger lose weight or get rid of passenger...ahaha Just kidding.. More seriously I was wondering also if the dealer has possibility to raise ( 1" would be probably enough ) and stiffen a little the suspension. I 'll ask next time i see them ..(sometime this week)

Reactions: BarclayBabe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very often, the scraping you hear is those odd looking air dams in front of each front tire. They look like coarse combs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny-that's what my dealer said today. Also said there was no possibility of damage to car by those flaps scraping blacktop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a distinct difference in the sound of scraping the bottom with those mud flaps and hitting the undercarriage of the car. I do both. And I am very careful and know how to maneuver the car. But sometimes it is unavoidable. I am very worried about cracking the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experiened the same thing, especially over speed bumps, crawling over them, where the under carriage bangs and scraps against the speed bump. The suspension is too low. Going to the dealer to have the under carriage examined since there is vibration when accelerating. I hope nothing major. Another buyer beware moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it common for car to almost bottom out when going over uneven (not bumpy) surfaces ?

Otherwise very happy 2015 owner
I have a 2015 sq4 - Had this issue as well bottoming out.... Maserati should do a rcecall on the springs.... My dealer changed out ALL 4 springs... it is known they have a sagging issue - with new springs it wa all fixed. However, I would say the suspension still does not ride like a $90K sports sedan should... very bouncy especialyl on highway bumps and swells,,,

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
I have a 2015 sq4 - Had this issue as well bottoming out.... Maserati should do a rcecall on the springs.... My dealer changed out ALL 4 springs... it is known they have a sagging issue - with new springs it wa all fixed. However, I would say the suspension still does not ride like a $90K sports sedan should... very bouncy especialyl on highway bumps and swells,,,
Maserati did a service campaign on the springs which had premature sag and a cause of not being able to get car into factory alignment. It also raised the car about 0.25". Around 2016, the car came with higher rate springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts