Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a new white Ghibli on Saturday. Love it so far. But I've not a huge fan of the standard 18" Vulcano Staggered Alloy wheels.

I would like to change them out for the 20" Urano's but you can't buy them through the Maserati dealer. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wait for someone to sell theirs. I think someone in maseratilife wants to upgrade from 20" to 21" there , sign up and ask the dude to sell u his 20"s

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wait for someone to sell theirs. I think someone in maseratilife wants to upgrade from 20" to 21" there , sign up and ask the dude to sell u his 20"s
Yeah it's just a matter of time. People are going to be quick to upgrade to aftermarket wheels. Just need to be on the look out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer said switching from the stock Volcano 18" and moving to "20 makes the computer a little screwy when engaging tourque/wheel offset, etc? Maybe not the case?

CWEM

·
Registered
80 Posts
Shouldn't make a difference since the tire diameters are all about the same. My dealer tells me the car can be linked to 8 TPS sensors, so after initial programming, hot swapping wheels can be done. He said switching them will trigger a warning temporarily, but will clear as the car eventually "remembers" the previous set.

·
Administrator
2,250 Posts
My dealer tells me the car can be linked to 8 TPS sensors, so after initial programming, hot swapping wheels can be done. He said switching them will trigger a warning temporarily, but will clear as the car eventually "remembers" the previous set.
Good to know. I have a set of 20" Urano's for Summer and another set of 20" for Winter set-up for a total of 8 TPMS. I've not tried yet since I refused to put winter tires on in March when I picked up the car.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
2015 Ghibli - NO MORE 18" WHEELS

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was told that the Sport package specifically optioned the 19-21 inch wheels because the computer is tuned for those sizes and the tires that fit those size rims. The tire profiles are what the computer uses to accurately react to the speed, yaw and driving conditions so the suspension may be fine tuned in the fly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I took delivery of a new white Ghibli on Saturday. Love it so far. But I've not a huge fan of the standard 18" Vulcano Staggered Alloy wheels.

I would like to change them out for the 20" Urano's but you can't buy them through the Maserati dealer. Any suggestions?
I have a set of 19" Proteo, brand new (with 50 miles of dealer transport) with tires and TPMS for sale if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts