Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I am looking for a car that is both budget and stylish. Having been advised by many friends to choose Maserati, I tried searching within my scope. I'm someone who only drives to work so I don't have a need for speed like the Quattroporte class so I researched the 2015 Ghibli - 70k miles. It seems that this is the most suitable and eye-catching car for me, so I came to this forum to ask for advice on performance, durability, style, ... and especially the price when the car is used with a quite large mileage. Hope to get more objective opinions from everyone. Thanks very much.

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
The Quattroporte is just a more optioned bigger version of the Ghibli ... hence the higher price of entry.

You'll find the best value in the 2014-2016 range, but you'll also have higher risks of repairs and less refined / smart electronics compared to newer models.

If you looking for something in 2015 Base or SQ4 range, you really need to check the vehicle history and thoroughly have the car inspected. Repairs are expensive, although not unlike the competition. Some indy shops can be significantly less expensive for service, while dealers will be the highest price, but sometimes you need their expertise.

You can find these from $25-30K, as these have greatly depreciated. Just make sure the basics don't hit you all at once ... like brakes (pads and rotors) and tires. At 70K Miles, be prepared for more maintenance than say a newer model.

The car is fun to drive, sounds great and has good looks ... plus they still have a little exclusivity as you see fewer Maserati road than the others. I bought mine new and after 7+ years has been running great.

Good luck with you search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Quattroporte is just a more optioned bigger version of the Ghibli ... hence the higher price of entry.

You'll find the best value in the 2014-2016 range, but you'll also have higher risks of repairs and less refined / smart electronics compared to newer models.

If you looking for something in 2015 Base or SQ4 range, you really need to check the vehicle history and thoroughly have the car inspected. Repairs are expensive, although not unlike the competition. Some indy shops can be significantly less expensive for service, while dealers will be the highest price, but sometimes you need their expertise.

You can find these from $25-30K, as these have greatly depreciated. Just make sure the basics don't hit you all at once ... like brakes (pads and rotors) and tires. At 70K Miles, be prepared for more maintenance than say a newer model.

The car is fun to drive, sounds great and has good looks ... plus they still have a little exclusivity as you see fewer Maserati road than the others. I bought mine new and after 7+ years has been running great.

Good luck with you search.
I really appreciate it. I scheduled for test-driving next week, I wonder that what things we need to care about the
2015 Maserati Ghibli Base before purchasing? I mean stuff like engine, brake, axle, ..... Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
If your buying from Maserati dealer it should be thoroughly inspected and have service records / campaigns completed which you should ask to review.

I suspect your buying from private seller or non Maserati dealer. Beyond the standard CarFax, you should ask for the service records/vehicle history and/or consider having the vehicle inspected if your really serious. At 70K miles a lot can be needed from tires, brakes, pads, rotors, plugs and there are potential for bigger things like rear differential, transmission, turbo's and etc. Look for leaks. Also make sure no accidents or only minor repairs. Check wear on tires ... if the car is chewing up tires it means alignment and suspension wear.

Best of Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts