Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just being a little silly here and thought I'd post up really tiny stupid nitpick comments about the Ghibli. None of these are major and you'll probably never hear about them in reviews, but for those still waiting for yours to arrive I know you like to read every little morsel of information.

• Outer seals between the window and doors. There's a deep channel that runs in between where crap can get stuck in. It's a pain to get stuff out of it (e.g. seeds/blossoms from trees drop into the gap)
  • Maserati logo on the boot and Tridents on the rear pillars will prove difficult to clean around the edges due to the shapes being very intricate. Crack out the cotton buds to clean them properly
  • Boot lid is very springy, so you have to have a good hold of it when closing
  • The glossy black inserts between the door windows attract dust
  • Boot is too big and my stuff slides around inside it

Sorry, it's been a struggle to come up with this list.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Agree with all of those, in particular cleaning in the center of the tridents at the C pillars.
Anybody know if there's a cargo net available for the trunk?

Reactions: ahchoo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, there is a cargo net option. I think they also have a mat, but I don't know how rubberised it is.
yes, I actually bought it through the maserati shop
believe it was like $59 and it works very well for smaller items, not moving around in the trunk

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
The cargo net is $65 US; The custom fit Ghibli waterproof foam insert mat is $55 US. Only seen the pictures but seems to sell out at a few of the dealers. Never asked Mainline though. I ordered the Ghibli indoor car cover since it was on sale.

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
292 Posts
The fact the DRL won't light up without the car being in gear...

·
Registered
312 Posts
How about the gear selector in general?

"Am I in R, N or D? "

These things aside, I put a hundred miles on it driving the twisty roads around here and I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat the whole time.

The paddles shift beautifully, I'm soooo glad I got the sport package. The ride is not harsh at all.
:D

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
$225 plus shipping ($238 delivered). It was cheaper to order from this Maserati dealer (link below) than buy on-line at the Maserati store.
Deal of the Day

It is still on sale even thought they call it the deal of the day.

Arrived quickly (3 days).

·
Registered
312 Posts
$225 plus shipping ($238 delivered). It was cheaper to order from this Maserati dealer (link below) than buy on-line at the Maserati store.
Deal of the Day

It is still on sale even thought they call it the deal of the day.

Arrived quickly (3 days).
Thanks Joe.
Just ordered one.
Apparently Rosso Folgore is a dust magnet.

Reactions: BeerGuy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Springy trunk lid, definitely an annoyance.

How about taking a higher speed turn in and the AWD system slips like your driving a Toyota truck?

If you transition out of a dark tunnel during the day, the NAV screen doesn't adjust for a minute and stays dark.

Finally, the ultimate Nit---Can't hit seat memory while driving after my wife changes it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cargo net is $65 US; The custom fit Ghibli waterproof foam insert mat is $55 US. Only seen the pictures but seems to sell out at a few of the dealers. Never asked Mainline though. I ordered the Ghibli indoor car cover since it was on sale.
I use this in the trunk. Its almost like it was made for the ghibli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GdVuyHAN4

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Two other minor annoyances I've noticed:

Need to be in park to open the trunk from the door switch. Frustrating when you're trying to drop someone off or pick someone up and they need quick access to the trunk. (Have found that the release button on the trunk itself is tough for my kids to find.)

No one-touch open/close sunroof. Like to open it up as I'm pulling out, instead of waiting then going. I'm impatient, I know...

The range on the home link system is incredibly short - I need to be almost directly in front of my garage for it to work.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
essfive - On the home link, I actually have pretty good response similar or better to my other cars. Distance of 60 lineal feet from the sensor works works fine. My wife's Jaguar needs to be around 20' for the door to open and the door opener is the same type. Did a couple quick measurements this evening.

I'll let you know how the Ghibli trunk insert works out ... I ordered one (part #940000367 ). I thought it would be good to have and marked down to 49.99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No one-touch open/close sunroof. Like to open it up as I'm pulling out, instead of waiting then going. I'm impatient, I know...
It will open/close by itself, you just hold it down for an extra second or two then let it go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ours works from a good 30 feet away, maybe more but I haven't tried it.
I wonder if it has to do with the direction of the antenna? Do you head straight towards your garage from that distance? I have a relatively short driveway so usually push the homelink button as I'm approaching my house from the street. My Audi seemed to always work from that distance, with the Ghibli I just about need to turn in to the drive before it seems like it works. I guess I'll bring it up with the dealer but it's really just a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It will open/close by itself, you just hold it down for an extra second or two then let it go.
Tried this tonight and it works (not that I doubted you!). I must have missed this in the manual - thanks for the tip!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts