Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 6 months of debate, 3 weeks of negotiation, the bird finally came.. and this is one awesome looking bird. Its such a pleasure looking at this car every day...

And drive with a wicked grin.. >:D

Attachments

Reactions: Barbalace

·
Administrator
2,383 Posts
Looks really great!!!! Your about 350 miles from me and I can almost hear her growl from here!!! Enjoy the ride ...

Now comes all the hard decisions ...
what to wash with, how to wash, how to dry, do you put on a professional coating, do you baby it yourself, do you get a car cover for the garage, do you but some add-ons and the list keeps going when your not driving!!!

Reactions: flamingwicky

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lookin good.
Congratulations

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Enjoy that ride!

I wish you all the best with the new addition to your family.

I am sure will try real hard not to feel guilty that I have to wait until the 2015s come ashore

DD

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish you all the best with the new addition to your family.

I am sure will try real hard not to feel guilty that I have to wait until the 2015s come ashore

DD
me 2!

Congrats, hope you got good luck with it, all testcars I drove had this color combination, nice discreet color this was my third choice after Blue emo en red energia.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys, cant wait to have the meetup and see all the cars there with their proud owners. It would be an excellent experience.

Beerguy, I would love to get tips from your about the hard decisions.

Steve. thanks a lot.

Schnippy thanks a lot.

DD you are coming to the meet right??

Thanks a lot tjsbeer.

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now tell me about some professional coating guys, that will protect the paint and also can be washed easily.

I need some info on that. which one to go with... ??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very nice lines and catches the light well.

Mine came with a product called Glasscoat which was applied by the dealership. It's maintaining a nice shine after a wash. I think there are more durable quartz coatings out there though.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going in for Opti-Coat Pro before I make that grand trip to on the 12th of July.

I got a quote of 450 from a certified installer.. what do you guys think.. is it a good price.. and also a good choice??

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Barbalace... you mean the road trip for the meetup thats on the 12th of July... or am I missing something here??

I think you need a road trip to New Hope, Pa. on the 20th.

·
Administrator
2,383 Posts
I am going in for Opti-Coat Pro before I make that grand trip to on the 12th of July.

I got a quote of 450 from a certified installer.. what do you guys think.. is it a good price.. and also a good choice??
That is a very fair price ... exterior only? Opticoat Pro is one of the best coatings for those that don't want to routinely apply sealants at home and want the added protection.

I used the GTechniq professional packaging (inside and out) with 7-year warranty for $725. If there was a certified Opticoat Pro dealer near me I probably would have gone that route first. But totally satisfied with GTechniq (and Ken who did the detailing). You can read there is a whole section of car care on this forum. There are also some pretty neat links to other discussions where the Opticoat and Gtechniq reps are duking it out about each others products.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got the whole car OPTI-COATED today... looks amazingly good.. (PICS coming in the the evening)

BTW the total detailing cost 450

All ready for the meetup.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts