Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people hear the name Maserati and they immediately think of ultra-fast luxury sports cars. That is why the thought of a Maserati sedan, like the Ghibli, can be confusing to fans of the brand. Maserati hopes that the Ghibli will drive up sales into the 50,000 units per year range by 2050 by being the sedan for those who love sports cars.

The Ghibli is basically a more compact and sporty version of the award winning Quattroprte. It has a wheelbase that is about a half a foot less than the Quattroporte, a length that is a foot shorter, and a roofline that is an inch lower. Fit into this frame is a gorgeous leather interior, which Maserati claims is the much more customizable than its competitors. A analog clock sits atop the dashboard just above the touch screen console, adding a neo-retro flavor.

On top of the sporty and compact look of the Ghibli, this new model also is a absolute pleasure to drive. Both engine choices are 3.0L V-6 units. The base model has a good 345 hp, and the S version pumps that number up to 404 hp. Going 0-62mph in 5.6 seconds this car feels quick by all accounts. And for those who really want to have some fun, there is the Sport button which heightens throttle response and opens up the exhaust baffles making for a warm rumble when idling and a palpable roar at high revs.

With a compact sporty design, and the goods under the hood as well, the Ghibli could be just the answer for those who need a sedan, but want a sports car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I want to say that it is a sedan for those who like sports cars since on paper it seems so, as well as in pictures. But I'll wait for the comparisons before i say officially if it is or isn't.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I enjoy the idea of a sports sedan. The smaller size makes it more economical for me as I will be driving the car everyday. The Quattroprte can be large at times.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that a sports sedan works as long as it is still compact enough. If a car that is trying to be sporty gets too big then it starts to look awkward and forced. That's why most sports cars only have two doors, to make sure the size of the vehicle stays small (and most of them only have two seats anyway.)
I think that Maserati is going to pull this one off, and people are going to love it. Finally, another luxury car to buy that you can look normal driving even if you are not in a Fast and Furious movie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts