Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati put its Ghibli in the a climatic wind tunnel in which unusual weather conditions are recreated. The tunnel is able to generate temperature shifts close to 100 degrees (from below -30 degrees Celsius to over 60 degrees Celsius.) You can see from the video below that the Ghibli is just as well suited to be driven in super cold places like Montreal and Moscow, as it is in hot places like Dubai and California.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought this was going to show the Ghibli handling massive snowy Northeast winters and bombing through the Nevada desert or something. Not for anything but wind tunnel testing provides me no peace of mind. I don't care that my Ghibli can be parked outside in the cold, i want to see how it operates in the cold..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I thought this was going to show the Ghibli handling massive snowy Northeast winters and bombing through the Nevada desert or something. Not for anything but wind tunnel testing provides me no peace of mind. I don't care that my Ghibli can be parked outside in the cold, i want to see how it operates in the cold..
Same here. At least with the new BMW's we got to see spy video's of it undergoing winter testing in real winter weather conditions. You can't beat real world situations. Simulations can only go so far.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've never considered whether or not my car will operate properly in really hot or cold conditions. Snow and rain are a consideration, but never just the temperature. As long as you have heat and A/C, I don't see why the car wouldn't work. But I guess this video gives me some piece of mind that the Ghibli won't break down during the Canadian winter.

let's see a video of the Ghibli driving around in the desert, and also up some snowy mountain. That would be cool!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not really impressed by a car being able to hold up to the elements. Aren't all cars supposed to be able to do this? If you are going to boast about a feature of the Ghibli, at least make it something that is unique or exceptional about the Ghibli. It just seems like this marketing effort could have been channeled into something that is more effective.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't think the point is to show that the Ghibli is able to do something unique in this regard. The key here is demonstrating to the intended market of the Ghibli, who are used to dealing with relatively reliable cars from BMW, MB, and Audi, that the Ghibli will be similarly reliable as it is similarly tested. The biggest fear anyone would have buying a Maserati is that it would be unreliable, being subject to fewer tests since they are a smaller manufacturer with less resources and the cars are built in smaller quantities. Maserati's desire is to demonstrate as much of their capability as possible to mitigate these concerns.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't think the point is to show that the Ghibli is able to do something unique in this regard. The key here is demonstrating to the intended market of the Ghibli, who are used to dealing with relatively reliable cars from BMW, MB, and Audi, that the Ghibli will be similarly reliable as it is similarly tested. The biggest fear anyone would have buying a Maserati is that it would be unreliable, being subject to fewer tests since they are a smaller manufacturer with less resources and the cars are built in smaller quantities. Maserati's desire is to demonstrate as much of their capability as possible to mitigate these concerns.
agreed.

manufacturers should be open with their testing. all of them.

I've always wanted to find videos of testing for videos prior to production but most of them keep them such a secret. Doesn't put much faith into buyers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts