Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ok so i read the article in a sweep. He didnt offend me at all on what he is saying, because he is right. But one thing he missed is this is the first iteration of the car. MB or BMW did changed their car overnight. It took time for them to bring those things on to the car.

If you see the new 2016 model of the Maserati.

1. It has power trunk opener with foot activation
2. It has BSM.
3. It has lane keep assist
4. It has adaptive cruise control.

and etc

We all know nothing is really available on the first iteration of the car. They will keep some of the thing for later iteration, it might be a deliberate move or simple because they might need to iron those things out before releasing.

The guy who have written the article seems to know nothing about car and how they are build. Just jumping guns here and there. But then again everyone has its own opinion and with that i would say

I love my Ghibli, it might not be the best car in the market but it surely is the best car in my opinion and one **** of a head turner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 4-year maintenance agreement (great deal) on my 2014. There's a good chance I will replace my '14 with a 2018 Ghibli when that expires, as I love the car.

Oh, and having just read Doug DeMoro's article, he sounds like a real "class act", bragging that he wrote his review while "sitting on the toilet". He sounds like he's jealous because he can't afford one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like Doug's writing and I love my Ghibli.

I did not buy my Ghibli because of the luxury features. It is a driver's car. The sound of the Ghibli more than makes up for a lack of features.

The BMW's I owned had every technological option, I liked having them, but honestly, I don't miss them.

Journalists complain about the increasing weight in cars and the isolation from the driving experience but they are the first to complain about a missing feature or two. Each of these things add to the weight of vehicles.

I will continue enjoying my Ghibli while using the steering wheel to stay in my lane and the brake pedal to avoid hitting the car in front of me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you see the new 2016 model of the Maserati.

1. It has power trunk opener with foot activation
2. It has BSM.
3. It has lane keep assist
4. It has adaptive cruise control.

and etc
I have a 2016 on order with the blind spot warnings and power trunk. I hadn't heard anything about adaptive cruise or lane assist. Do you have a link for reference? This is all news to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I heard about it from the service rep from Maserati. I think it will be in a little bit of later release of 2016. Since all of these features are coming out in Levante their SUV. and will follow on the Ghibli.

I have a 2016 on order with the blind spot warnings and power trunk. I hadn't heard anything about adaptive cruise or lane assist. Do you have a link for reference? This is all news to me.

Thanks!

Reactions: Barbalace

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like Doug's writing and I love my Ghibli.

I did not buy my Ghibli because of the luxury features. It is a driver's car. The sound of the Ghibli more than makes up for a lack of features.

The BMW's I owned had every technological option, I liked having them, but honestly, I don't miss them.

Journalists complain about the increasing weight in cars and the isolation from the driving experience but they are the first to complain about a missing feature or two. Each of these things add to the weight of vehicles.

I will continue enjoying my Ghibli while using the steering wheel to stay in my lane and the brake pedal to avoid hitting the car in front of me!
AMEN!
Preach it BROTHER!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think the biggest disappointment for me is that it is not a real luxury car. The radio should have been the first hint. As a performance sedan it satisfied but at $70k and up it should have been both.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
It's an Italian exotic sports sedan. What else do you want for 70 to 80 K. Kia K900 & Hundai Equus are selling for around 65 to 70 K and have plenty of Luxury features.

We don't buy Maserati for just luxury. We buy it for it's seductive looks, exclusivity and the pleasure it gives us everyday. I want to drive my car and enjoy the ride not to fall asleep in it :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I go to sleep happy in the thought that I get to drive it tomorrow. At the end of the day, I'm excited about the drive home. This car has a soul, and it's captivating. I didn't buy it for others approval but it's been awhile since kids on bikes, parking attendants, people walking by for coffee all stared and gave their approval.

Beautiful, exotic Italiant artwork, a Ferrari built engine, an exhaust to stir the soul mated to a very fast paddle-shifting transmission. I'll take mine in Grigio.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I read the article and the comments. I thought it was funny. he has a point if you are looking for the techno safety stuff, I am not and that was not even part of my buying criteria. I had all that stuff on my 08 Infiniti m45 and while it was cool I never used them after my first week of ownership. The only let down of the car is the stereo.

The author kept referring to what people who by $80k cars want. I think he is a bit off on their requirements. if we wanted what BMW or MB have we would have purchased one of those. instead I think some are after a more sporting, fun and involving experience.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There's plenty of youtube videos out there of DeMuro to see what you are dealing with. He's all about being snarky and likes showing his chicken legs with no socks on.

I will say that the last paragraph is pretty much on point though the split is more like 55 / 15. Full sticker is too much for this car.

The Ghibli is good but not great.... not yet at least IMO. Things will come around with the 2nd gen.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Honestly, I don't care for or need all that driving nanny technology... Having owned MBs and BMWs in the past, even my tech jammed 7 series was just more stuff that malfunctioned. I'm perfectly happy having everything off and just driving for the joy of driving.

·
Registered
312 Posts
One of the reasons I got rid of my S5 was because the technology was overwhelming and I felt completely isolated from the driving experience.

The Ghibli makes me feel more connected to the car.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Where have you been lurking in the shadows?? BTW there is a thread regarding the meetup. I hope you will be coming.

One of the reasons I got rid of my S5 was because the technology was overwhelming and I felt completely isolated from the driving experience.

The Ghibli makes me feel more connected to the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think that i've understand the "irony" of the post of Doug DeMuro (even with my poor english)...he had some good points, but a couple of things are addressed in MY16 , still lacks Adaptive Cruise Control, this is a lack of Ghibli, i agree...

honestly i will never understand what is the point to have Carboceramic Brakes on a sedan with 350-400 HP range...to show it to friends?

·
Registered
695 Posts
There is technology and luxury. I think the GT has luxury and still has no tech! QP definitely has luxury, that is how Maser see's it,$20k to get to luxury.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts