Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Very interesting considering the QP and Ghibli are versions of the same car. The cars in the UK have to be different as they all are negative

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I guess I have lead a sheltered car life - the reviewer's take on the Ghibli is very different to mine - vive la difference?

My only issues with my 2015 are both related to trunk - needs dampened closing mechanism, and shape (cannot get two sets of golf clubs in there due to length of modern clubs) - Go ahead break my ****s about this stereotype) - LOL

DD

Reactions: lucmed and UKGhibli

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well when something is so off it is easy to dismiss it - the Quatroporte is a peach and the Ghibli is garbage on turns? I test drove both down a windy road and would pick the Ghibli everytime - it is sportier and hugged better and you can tell the shorter frame. This guy is off his rocker... but maybe it will dissuade people from buying and ours will be more exclusive..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow -- Really Bias Review

I must be driving a completely different Ghibli than the author of that piece. Mine is a peach -- except for the "premium sound system".

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm an ex owner of a jaguar xf-s (with the same zf automatic transmission) and can say everything is at least as good as the jaguar xf-s. ok, the "premium" sound system is everything but premium...
plus the zf automatic is known in germany as one of the best automatic transmission ever build. maybe becaus it's build in germany, but in my opinion it's awesome.

·
Registered
852 Posts
That guy is either an idiot, or jelous he cannot have one........I am not going to write what I have written before........the car is amazing and any flaws are miniscule compared to the experience.........the style and the feeling of driving a Maserati......I feel it every time i drive the car........sad for the guy he must miss out on a lot of other things life has to offer.........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, When I read reviews like this, I think the writers have a benchmark car such as a BMW M5 or E63 Mercedes in mind against which they are subconsciously comparing. But those cars easily surpass the base Ghibli by at least $30K in price.

In its price class, a base Ghibli needs to be compared against a modestly equipped lower model 5 series, an A6 or a cheaper E Class. In my opinion, the base 5-series and E-class both feel like rental cars to me (in fact I have rented both at Hertz). The A6 is a bit nicer than those two on the inside. I suppose the Jag XF is also.

But calling the Ghibli the worst is such click bait B.S., that this writer shed any credibility by his second paragraph.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lets be honest he had a good point there; paddle shifters should be standard. Its at least nice having the option to shift from the paddles even if you rarely use them..

Reactions: sizquik

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most participants do not know that the Brits have a chip on their shoulder with Italians since 1940 when, contrary to Churchill's wishes, Italy joined the Axis (Italy and England play much less often than England and Germany so the soccer rivalry does not compensate like it does with the Germans!). Certainly that did not have a positive impact on Italy (and much less on automobile quality), but it is the main reason why most Brits vacation in Spain and not in Italy and why the FTimes is much less sympathetic to Italy's Euro budget issues than Spain or even Greece's. The Germans do not seem to mind that we "switched sides" in '43, and they vacation in Italy in droves, are Maserati's second market after the US, and they know that we can't make BMW, but that we can sell cars that people still love for their flaws (flaws that are being worked on with the help of our American friends, those friends that did not allow Italy to be turned into a quasi-Yugoslavia in 1945, as the Brits would have wanted). The Ghibli does have flaw. The biggest is that inside it looks like an upscale Chrysler (but I noticed that the awful navigation graphics can be changed to "Italy style" graphics which make it look more like a Ferrari Nav) now that Audi realized that a Lambo could not look like a R 8 and changed the switches and interior in the Huracan). It is still an unbelievable value (especially for those who bought the last 2014s...mine was discounted about 20% off MSRP, and with a money factor worth of a Chrysler fleet car!)

·
Registered
397 Posts
advice: IGNORE IT COMPLETLY. Don t waste your time reading it. ( I did read it and some comments)

Just one of those arrogant egocentric writers, that wants to be different and say he doesn t like it .. ( because he's pissed to himself for liking it secretly and only has BS to say about it...) You can t compare a v6 ghibli to a C63 V8.

This is what I call the "Hipster Syndrome"... not matter what you ll say, some people will say the opposite just to be heard and get the attention. (that mommy and daddy didn t give him) And only drove super cars from daddy's garage..etc.. who knows? who cares.?

Just the title says " I,m full of ****, I don t even know what a good car should be".
Before I bought mine...I read EVERY freakin articles and saw EVERY freakin video you could find on the web in every freakin languages you can imagine ( And I m sure most of you guys did as well) Tell me how many reviews were negative about it? ( beside the Chrysler | MTC dilemma BS ) .. right?

We all know Haters will be haters.
I'm a proud owner.. and glad I bought a Ghibli SQ4 instead of a C63 ( which was my 2 choice, BUT the body style is sooo boring!!)
I'm proud of not being part of the herd of MB, AUDI , BMW, Jag....etc
I'm proud to be the black sheep.. I mean Griggio Maratea sheep in my case..lol
Proud to be part of this forum.

I don t need to prove anyone what my car does at the 1/4 mile OR 0-60 ...I bought it, because as an artist at heart, the design, the sound of it etc...made me fall in love with it, and it fits my life style.
Basta! viva Maserati! ;)
Ciao

·
Registered
325 Posts
Most participants do not know that the Brits have a chip on their shoulder with Italians since 1940 when, contrary to Churchill's wishes, Italy joined the Axis (Italy and England play much less often than England and Germany so the soccer rivalry does not compensate like it does with the Germans!). Certainly that did not have a positive impact on Italy (and much less on automobile quality), but it is the main reason why most Brits vacation in Spain and not in Italy and why the FTimes is much less sympathetic to Italy's Euro budget issues than Spain or even Greece's. The Germans do not seem to mind that we "switched sides" in '43, and they vacation in Italy in droves, are Maserati's second market after the US, and they know that we can't make BMW, but that we can sell cars that people still love for their flaws (flaws that are being worked on with the help of our American friends, those friends that did not allow Italy to be turned into a quasi-Yugoslavia in 1945, as the Brits would have wanted). The Ghibli does have flaw. The biggest is that inside it looks like an upscale Chrysler (but I noticed that the awful navigation graphics can be changed to "Italy style" graphics which make it look more like a Ferrari Nav) now that Audi realized that a Lambo could not look like a R 8 and changed the switches and interior in the Huracan). It is still an unbelievable value (especially for those who bought the last 2014s...mine was discounted about 20% off MSRP, and with a money factor worth of a Chrysler fleet car!)
Take your racism somewhere else pal ! This is a car forum not a political forum.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Excellent put up

BTW i am the I mean Griggio Maratea sheep in my case..as well.. >:D

advice: IGNORE IT COMPLETLY. Don t waste your time reading it. ( I did read it and some comments)

Just one of those arrogant egocentric writers, that wants to be different and say he doesn t like it .. ( because he's pissed to himself for liking it secretly and only has BS to say about it...) You can t compare a v6 ghibli to a C63 V8.

This is what I call the "Hipster Syndrome"... not matter what you ll say, some people will say the opposite just to be heard and get the attention. (that mommy and daddy didn t give him) And only drove super cars from daddy's garage..etc.. who knows? who cares.?

Just the title says " I,m full of ****, I don t even know what a good car should be".
Before I bought mine...I read EVERY freakin articles and saw EVERY freakin video you could find on the web in every freakin languages you can imagine ( And I m sure most of you guys did as well) Tell me how many reviews were negative about it? ( beside the Chrysler | MTC dilemma BS ) .. right?

We all know Haters will be haters.
I'm a proud owner.. and glad I bought a Ghibli SQ4 instead of a C63 ( which was my 2 choice, BUT the body style is sooo boring!!)
I'm proud of not being part of the herd of MB, AUDI , BMW, Jag....etc
I'm proud to be the black sheep.. I mean Griggio Maratea sheep in my case..lol
Proud to be part of this forum.

I don t need to prove anyone what my car does at the 1/4 mile OR 0-60 ...I bought it, because as an artist at heart, the design, the sound of it etc...made me fall in love with it, and it fits my life style.
Basta! viva Maserati! ;)
Ciao

Reactions: sverzi

·
Registered
397 Posts
So Because I have a little time on my hands I was curious enough to see who wrote this article. I figured if you re going to be talking like that.. either you re a professional..( a pilot or Jeremy Clarckson..) OR a complete douche bag. lol
Sorry but I love doing online research... there s so much online ahah.
Well:
His name is Zaman Bux from Road mag.uk.
Here s his profile on the magazine.
Zaman
Yeah i will not say anything you judge the judge yourself.
So, being a very short bio revealing his love for his blue XF-R that you can find pics on his instagram, as well as his more than subjective comments..
Instagram
Well you can t judge a book by its cover so what a better place than linked in to see what his past has been...
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/zaman-bux/9a/571/5a6

That said and read...
like I said i let you be the judge.. And ask you this question. Should this guy really influence you on buying your new car? .. You know the answer... I think we can close his chapter.:D

·
Registered
325 Posts
So Because I have a little time on my hands I was curious enough to see who wrote this article. I figured if you re going to be talking like that.. either you re a professional..( a pilot or Jeremy Clarckson..) OR a complete douche bag. lol
Sorry but I love doing online research... there s so much online ahah.
Well:
His name is Zaman Bux from Road mag.uk.
Here s his profile on the magazine.
Zaman
Yeah i will not say anything you judge the judge yourself.
So, being a very short bio revealing his love for his blue XF-R that you can find pics on his instagram, as well as his more than subjective comments..
Instagram
Well you can t judge a book by its cover so what a better place than linked in to see what his past has been...
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/zaman-bux/9a/571/5a6

That said and read...
like I said i let you be the judge.. And ask you this question. Should this guy really influence you on buying your new car? .. You know the answer... I think we can close his chapter.:D
He's just a jealous loser ! Simple. The only way he can get to drive anything decent is to work for a car mag (which incidentally no one has ever heard of!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts