Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing a SQ4 Ghibli...read quite a few of the comments with regards to premium sound/back up camera resolution etc.,
My question, is this car worth buying...anybody??

Thanks
Fazal

·
Registered
357 Posts
A resounding YESSSSS! Test drive the car and if you can walk away there is your answer but more than likely you will get hooked on it like the rest of us. Welcome to the forum mate. Cheers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know there's more than a few negative comments regarding the Ghibli -- especially on this site. If you view any of other car forums, you'll find the negatives seem to predominate -- no matter the manufacturer. However, I remain very pleased with the performance and, most of all, looks of the Ghibli. You can't pass a major intersection in my area without viewing several BMWs, Mercedes, Porches, etc. The exclusivity of the car was and remains a major plus for me. All that said, I got a killer deal on my 2014 SQ4 and for the price there was nothing in luxury car marketplace that came close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YES, these are entry level exotics for less than a basic $50k BMW or Mercedes and when you pull up at a light next to a Maserati even though you just paid $70k the guy in the $50k BMW blends in and no one even cares. The Maserati's perception is its double what you paid and everyone will be giving you thumbs up and telling you to rev the engine. Nothing will drive and be as exhilarating as the Maserati.. bar one! Contact me if you want one I'll hook you up!! My name is Mike I work at Ferrari/Maserati of Newport Beach

·
Registered
695 Posts
Either you want it or you don't. Drive it, test everything and decide. Then make your best deal where you live and move on. There are people that love and hate every car on every forum, but they aren't driving it for you. We complain as a group to get Maserati to act and to some degree it has worked. If you are deciding on a car based on the rear camera, which we did without for years, that's on you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking of purchasing a SQ4 Ghibli...read quite a few of the comments with regards to premium sound/back up camera resolution etc.,
My question, is this car worth buying...anybody??

Thanks
Fazal
Before we will buy anything, we first search well on its details, benefits and of course made us feel awesome to drive on that car. I suggest here that you will search for SQ4 Ghibili reviews, just like this video,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Overall I am happy. I leased a 17 Q4. I as well have owned BMW's, Range Rovers, Mercedes, the BMW is an overall better Car. A 550i will eat this car in every category except looks and exclusiveness. Service is very expensive and residual values are terrible. That is why I would lease. Not a long term car but 3 years it will be fun. Overall reliability is pretty good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why I chose it

This was originally posted here by totopsgr and was so good I have retained it. Here was his response
<<<<

Dear Rex,

Congratulations forclearly choosing the right car for you, all your points are valid with a littlebit of a personal taste involved, and a lot of speculation about the future,but regardless you truly made the sensible choice, and became one of the millionsthat will choose (sensibly) a BMW/Merc/Audi over an affordable Maserati such asthe Ghibli.

Except one smalldetail...

Nobody should buy aMaserati (any Maserati) because it is the sensible choice! You don't buy aMaserati because of the gadgets, you don't buy a Maserati because of thereliability, you don't buy a Maserati for the resale value, you don't buy aMaserati because it has the stronger engine in the market, in general you don'tbuy a Maserati as a result of any Mathematical calculation whatsoever. If youdo, you have been fooled by some smart salesman and you don't have muchknowledge about the history of the brand.

Buying a Maserati isclearly not a Left Brain exercise and most Maserati owners know it.

So why am I buying aMaserati?

Maserati, is all about feelings, it is the exotic car youwould only see once a year when you were a kid, and chase it around the cornerto look at it better, you wanted it and you thought you will never have it,guess what you can know own it.

It is like meeting that super popular hot girlfrom high school that you had a crush on (like everybody else) and she didn'teven know you existed. Now you just met her after 10 years, she is still superhot and you are both available, and now somehow she is interested to meet you.Yes she is a gold digger, with a terrible temper, and self centered outlook onlife but boy she is exciting and sexy and finally you can have her. You knowyou will not marry that girl, you know she will give you some grief, along theway, but will you pass the opportunity? Maserati is a bucket list item, theremay be no sense to it, but has the value of being able to say to yourself aswell to others "Yes..I've been there..I've done that" and you maychoose to move on to BMW or Merc or Audi without any what ifs in your mindafter that if you wish so.

I am actually verypleased that there are many people like you out there. I am pleased that manypeople will do the sensible thing and buy a BMW. This will keep the carexclusive to the illogically passionate few. I am very pleased that Maseratididn't build the perfect car, a car that is sensible to buy. Because if Ghibliwas the sensible choice in the price range..well everybody would buy one, andthat is not good for me.

You see if we meet in the traffic light mewith my Ghibli and you with the BMW, you will probably be the one to talk aboutyour choice to your co passengers. You will do the speech about how you couldhave bought the Maserati and you will explain all the reasons that make yousmarter than me.

I will not have to explain anything. I willnot have to explain why I dind't buy the BMW to anyone, because feelings cannot be explained. I am sure the people who will get inside my maserati will bemore excited to be there than the people that will get inside your BMW.

I hope I explainedmyself well, although I am not expecting to be understood by Sensible people.

>>>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts