Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Ghibli S Q4 finished in Nero with Nero leather interior. This car comes equipped with 19" Proteo Sport Rims, Red Brake Calipers, High Gloss Ebano Wood Trim, Extend Leather (Pads-Armrest-Hand), Interior Floor Carpet in Velour, Premium Sound, Alcantara Roof-Lining & Pillars, Premium Package (Remote Start, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Heated Front Seats, Power Foot Pedals, Headlight Control, Rain Sensor and Easy Entry) and Sport Package (Shift Paddles, Inox Sport Foot Pedals).

This purchase hasn't been finalized yet i am still looking at the BMW M3 or maybe ordering a custom 2015 Ghibli. How does this look? The car was listed for 88,120 and we agreed on $75,000. Is this a good deal? i feel like i'm getting an amazing deal, but i don't want to find out later i could have saved more from an incentive or other deal from Maserati. I feel like the payments are a little high even though i am putting a lot down. Also I am 18 so the insurance companies are quoting me at around $592 a month which seams like a little to much to me. The high price of the insurance might prevent me from making my purchase. If you guys have any other comments and suggestions i would love to hear them! Thank you!

Attachments

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
265 Posts
Car is a good team... You buying it outright or leasing it?

Insurance is crazy high... Try Gieco they were the cheapest when I looked around.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The car is very similar to what i have got and your deal is amazingly good.

Prices looks good even the interest. I wish i could have got a deal like this. I think you have a fair deal here and it would not get lower then this.

AS far is insurance Geico is the way to go.

and i just saw you are 18 and getting a Ghibli..Mind Blown.. The insurance is going to be pretty high no matter where you go. Even if you get a M3 the insurance is not going to be different.

2014 Ghibli S Q4 finished in Nero with Nero leather interior. This car comes equipped with 19" Proteo Sport Rims, Red Brake Calipers, High Gloss Ebano Wood Trim, Extend Leather (Pads-Armrest-Hand), Interior Floor Carpet in Velour, Premium Sound, Alcantara Roof-Lining & Pillars, Premium Package (Remote Start, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Heated Front Seats, Power Foot Pedals, Headlight Control, Rain Sensor and Easy Entry) and Sport Package (Shift Paddles, Inox Sport Foot Pedals).

This purchase hasn't been finalized yet i am still looking at the BMW M3 or maybe ordering a custom 2015 Ghibli. How does this look? The car was listed for 88,120 and we agreed on $75,000. Is this a good deal? i feel like i'm getting an amazing deal, but i don't want to find out later i could have saved more from an incentive or other deal from Maserati. I feel like the payments are a little high even though i am putting a lot down. Also I am 18 so the insurance companies are quoting me at around $592 a month which seams like a little to much to me. The high price of the insurance might prevent me from making my purchase. If you guys have any other comments and suggestions i would love to hear them! Thank you!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car is a good team... You buying it outright or leasing it?

Insurance is crazy high... Try Gieco they were the cheapest when I looked around.
I am buying it outright

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ghibli Vs M3? That's a no brainier. Ghibli obviously, especially with a deal like that-15% discount makes it a screaming buy. Your insurance is going to be sky high no matter what-even if you get a Kia. I know a couple of kids that got Porsches at 16 but a Maserati at 18 is truly mind blowing. I hope you get the Maserati. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Very Nice discount on the car. It is a fair price for a 2014 this time of year.

Make sure your auto loan has a no penalty payoff should you decide payoff earlier should something better arise.

Not knowing previous history, insurance does seem high ... even for 18. Might want to increase your deductible to $1000, if you haven't already.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Guys.. I think you havènt seen his comment.. he is buying it outright.. mind blown again..

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
robinsmjr might have the distinction of youngest Ghibli owner ... with no debt!!!

Make sure you double check pricing if buying outright since with no loan the price is usually higher. The dealer gets a back-end credit for the loan.

When I bought my car, the highest car price was cash versus lease versus loan. I took loan and prepaid early.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts

It's a good deal but not the best. Go with 72 month term with simple interest loan and your payment will go down to $854.95 with your numbers. I think you should be able to get another 1 to 2K off the sticker. Good luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$592 a month on insurance!
You must really really want this car.
For some reason insurance companies dislike me haha. i don't have any issues on my driving history and i qualified for a lot of discounts but i'm still getting a crazy high rate.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For some reason insurance companies dislike me haha. i don't have any issues on my driving history and i qualified for a lot of discounts but i'm still getting a crazy high rate.
You are 18, unmarried I assume and you want to drive a super hot sports car-that's why you are getting a crazy high rate. Single males 25 and below have the highest insurance rates.

Go with the Ghibli.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I don't think the insurance companies dislike you. They look at you as high risk. Fast sporty car +raging hormones = more risk for them. Try to get this under your parents name and add yourself as a driver which may give you a much better rate.
I remember when I was 18. I would have burned the tires to the ground 0:). I guess that goes for all of us here :D. Insurance companies know that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal. I loved my first luxury vehicle, but wished I would have leased not purchased it. At 18 you might want something new in 3 years with better features, gadgets and major upgrades. Just a thought that you may have considered already. Either way, best of luck. I hope your insurance rate decreases.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a fair deal. I loved my first luxury vehicle, but wished I would have leased not purchased it. At 18 you might want something new in 3 years with better features, gadgets and major upgrades. Just a thought that you may have considered already. Either way, best of luck. I hope your insurance rate decreases.
in 4 years ill of course want something new, but i like actually owning the vehicle with no restrictions. i could probably save more by leasing it but its nice to just own it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
You just sounded exactly like me... i like to own my cars not lease.... doesnt matter saving or not.. too much.

I am with you on this.. :) may be we might be idiots to other people.. but the satisfaction of owning is far greater...>:D

in 4 years ill of course want something new, but i like actually owning the vehicle with no restrictions. i could probably save more by leasing it but its nice to just own it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
having had 3 m'3s 2005, 2011 and 2013 i can honestly say the M3 is a better car than the maserati in almost every way, performance, technology , reliability and in the end probably even resale value.
the maserati wins on looks and exhaust note, i thought i was the only one that would cross shop the two.
eventually ill probably go back to the m( 4) but the maserati is amazing for the $ these days, seems everyone is getting them for 8-900 for an sq4 with no more than 2k out of pocket.
i kinda think you might be better off just leasing the car with the kind of payment you are talking about. this way if you dont like it you can just give it up in 3 years and not care about reliability and resale.
never understood how people could risk buying cars over leasing.
is you smash the car, the carfax will show what happened and your resale is done.
if you lease the car and crash,it wont matter as long as you fix it but at least you arent stuck with knowing the car has been hit.
as far as insurance i was paying 1200 a year for the M3 and 1100 a year for the SQ4.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just because you lease a car doesn't mean you cannot sell it. Private party sold my wife's Escalade, 28 months into a 36 month lease and actually made money on it. She was waaaay over the mileage too..just food for thought.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Which part of the country?

as far as insurance i was paying 1200 a year for the M3 and 1100 a year for the SQ4...........

I am a 30 year customer with Geico and they still require $ 1,420 p.a. from me, here on Long Island :( ; where do you live to get such a low quote?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts