Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on this color. I love both blues that Maserati offers, but I can get a sweet deal on a Rosso Folgore Q4 with the options I want.

I'm wondering if the color is too 'pimp' though. I'm in Miami, so unusual colors are normal (guy in my office building has an aquamarine F12...seriously).

I dig the color, it is unusual and elegant, and most definitely Italian. Is it the same color as on the old quattroportes? I'm looking at one online across the country to have shipped.

But is it a little bit too Liberace-esque?

Let me know your opinions.

I also love the Blu Passione, but my last 3 cars were basically that color. I like the Blu emozione, but my wife thinks it's juvenile. I had an older M5 in a similar color once and she would not even ride in it.

But as I said, I can get a good deal on all the options I want on a Rosso Folgore, and I like the car. Usually I don't give a freak what others think of my rides, but for some reason I'm kinda hesitant on this color.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nothing comes close to Rosso IMO. The Ghibli looks great in any color but Rosso tops em all IMO. Congratulations and good luck mate. Cheers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have Rosso Folgore and consistently get compliments on the color.
It's difficult to keep clean though...gets dusty fast.

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's definitely a unique and mature color. I don't think you'll see too many of those on the road. I don't see it as being Liberace-esque unless you throw some gold plated 24's on that bad boy.

Also If your wife is cool with the color that is an added bonus. Happy wife, happy life. Mine refused to ride in my 997 (it was too rough) but loves the Ghibli. Go figure.

If you're buying the car and don't love the color, don't get it. You can't go wrong with the blue colors, I don't think they look juvenile.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I think color is personal choice. If you like it then it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. If you are not sure then you should go with the color that you like and not get it just to have a good deal as you will be driving it everyday. Good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. The Rosso Folgore just screams 'Italian' to me. The color certainly compliments the curves of the car. I think the Ghibli is s handsome car regardless of color, but with the Rosso F it seems to elevate it to beautiful.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on one this weekend, maybe I'll have some pics to post next week!
I think the Rosso Energia is cool, but a tad too orangey for me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nothing comes close to Rosso IMO. The Ghibli looks great in any color but Rosso tops em all IMO. Congratulations and good luck mate. Cheers.
My bad, got confused with energia. Didn't realize there were two Rossos. Nevertheless the Ghibli is a natural beauty looks great in any color.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Follow your heart. You should get what you like when spending that much money. The small amount extra to get the colour you like will be worth it.
Besides there is a reson the other colour hasn't sold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts