Hello -

Getting close to biting on a car.

Wanted to gain thoughts on this car...

The car:

MSRP: $88,170

Sale Price: $74,950

15k miles per year

36 month lease

Due at signing: $2933 (this is through Ally, and he said I receive $1075 back from Ally when I return the car). This # also includes 1st month and everything else. So essentially 35 payments left on the car when I drive off.

Lease payment: $1063 / mo INCLUDING NJ's 7% sales tax.

Never heard of getting $1075 or that amount back when you return a car... and don't really want to lay out $2933.. I wanted to just drop 1st month.

Appreciate any thoughts/insight.

PS: Does anyone know what the residual is for 15k / yr on a 36 month lease sq4? also, is it .00071 MF for s tier in oct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello -

The car:

15k miles per year

36 month lease

Due at signing: $2933 (this is through Ally, and he said I receive $1075 back from Ally when I return the car). This # also includes 1st month and everything else. So essentially 35 payments left on the car when I drive off.

Never heard of getting $1075 or that amount back when you return a car... and don't really want to lay out $2933.. I wanted to just drop 1st month.

PS: Does anyone know what the residual is for 15k / yr on a 36 month lease sq4? also, is it .00071 MF for s tier in oct?
seems expensive to me....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems expensive to me....
It might be the mileage... if I did 12K instead of 15k.. payment goes to $999 /mo.

I just am confused out why he's asking for 2933 ... but I get $1075 back when lease ends. I have never heard of this.

Unless hes asking for MSDs.. to lower the moneyfactor and doesn't want to give me the true .00071.. that's why im asking what the current MF is for 36 months at 15k/year

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
It might be the mileage... if I did 12K instead of 15k.. payment goes to $999 /mo.

I just am confused out why he's asking for 2933 ... but I get $1075 back when lease ends. I have never heard of this.

Unless hes asking for MSDs.. to lower the moneyfactor and doesn't want to give me the true .00071.. that's why im asking what the current MF is for 36 months at 15k/year
The down payment of $ 2933 might include the security deposit + first month payment + dealer fees plus tag. They will give you the security deposit back depending on the condition of the car when you return it after three years.
If you don't understand the down payment simply ask the dealer to explain everything to you step by step. Ask for the break down in writing. You can also ask them for the money factor take the money factor and X it by 2400 to get your interest rate ( for e.g .00071 x 2400 = 1.7% interest )
Take your time and I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The down payment of $ 2933 might include the security deposit + first month payment + dealer fees plus tag. They will give you the security deposit back depending on the condition of the car when you return it after three years.
If you don't understand the down payment simply ask the dealer to explain everything to you step by step. Ask for the break down in writing. You can also ask them for the money factor take the money factor and X it by 2400 to get your interest rate ( for e.g .00071 x 2400 = 1.7% interest )
Take your time and I wish you all the best.
Thanks for the info.

Every other lease I had... I never had to put down a large sum (like the $1,075 here) and then get it back at lease end. Others leasing with Ally, are you guys having to do this? Or does ally waive the security deposit in some cases?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hello -

The car:

15k miles per year

36 month lease

Check out Maserati of Tampa/Reeves. They have really good deals and the manager Joe Croupe told me that he has been selling cars all over the US. He is a straight shooter. One of the members posted getting their car shipped from Tampa to LA and was still cheaper.

Here are my lease numbers from 9/24/14 from Reeves.
2014 Base Ghibli MSRP 71,200. Lease price 59k
3 yr 12k miles/yr
5595 down-out the door, 649/mo incl. FL tax of 6% 700 security deposit Tier S Ally
51% residual on MSRP
I heard residuals are now down to 49%.
Not an apples to apples comparison but hope it helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out Maserati of Tampa/Reeves. They have really good deals and the manager Joe Croupe told me that he has been selling cars all over the US. He is a straight shooter. One of the members posted getting their car shipped from Tampa to LA and was still cheaper.

Here are my lease numbers from 9/24/14 from Reeves.
2014 Base Ghibli MSRP 71,200. Lease price 59k
3 yr 12k miles/yr
5595 down-out the door, 649/mo incl. FL tax of 6% 700 security deposit Tier S Ally
51% residual on MSRP
I heard residuals are now down to 49%.
Not an apples to apples comparison but hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply. I will see if they have a comparable quote. The $700 security deposit... was that part of the 5595 down and you get 700 back at lease end?

·
Registered
77 Posts
ask for dennis at reeves. tell him melanie says hi!!!! I can recommend a good shipping company as well!

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
242 Posts
$14,000 off and you're not jumping at the chance to own a Maserati?

all ally leases require a security deposit regardless of tier or credit rating.
there is NO disposition fee on a Maserati lease, the security deposit is there to offset the condition of the vehicle in the event it is returned damaged.

current lease rates on S Q4 are not .71

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$14,000 off and you're not jumping at the chance to own a Maserati?

all ally leases require a security deposit regardless of tier or credit rating.
there is NO disposition fee on a Maserati lease, the security deposit is there to offset the condition of the vehicle in the event it is returned damaged.

current lease rates on S Q4 are not .71
Thank you for the details above, that is good to know as I didn't.

Do you know the current MF and residual for October?

I am looking at 15k miles a year, and a 36 month lease. Not sure what the residual is or the correct, current MF for S tier.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What dealership in NJ are you working with? My guy I used at the dealership in Monmouth, NJ was doing $500 over dealer invoice when I got mine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
FC Kerbeck
Gotta be honest and I looked at going there (it was an hour and a half from my house), but they pulled the bait and switch on me. Just my experience, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Be glad to talk with you more if you want to PM me.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Try Maserati of Manhattan. I dealt with Michael at the Downtown location and he was incredibly honest and they discounted my car a bunch! Give them a shot because I know they have a huge inventory.

Reactions: robinsmjr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even with the increased milage per year that lease sounds expensive.

Try Maserati of Manhattan. I dealt with Michael at the Downtown location and he was incredibly honest and they discounted my car a bunch! Give them a shot because I know they have a huge inventory.
OT, I've met Michael Lousidis, seems like a great guy. What type of discounts were you able to get from Maserati of Manhattan for purchase/lease?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys - Deals are still good if you can find the right combo of colors and options - not all great but I found what I thought to be a pretty good deal last week on a fully loaded 2014 SQ4 - 3yr/10k mi lease as follows:

$92,320 msrp
$77,469 cap cost (16% off)
$1915 down (Incl. refundable sec dep, bank fee, doc fee, tire tax, inspection, reg & title)
$898/mo

Less than a week of ownership and could not be happier. Look forward to sharing more on the Ghibli experience.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey guys - Deals are still good if you can find the right combo of colors and options - not all great but I found what I thought to be a pretty good deal last week on a fully loaded 2014 SQ4 - 3yr/10k mi lease as follows:

$92,320 msrp
$77,469 cap cost (16% off)
$1915 down (Incl. refundable sec dep, bank fee, doc fee, tire tax, inspection, reg & title)
$898/mo

Less than a week of ownership and could not be happier. Look forward to sharing more on the Ghibli experience.
Congratulations ChuckH.That is a very nice deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BigBlu - I should have clarified. It does not include tax - add it to the upfront cost based on your state rate for a
direct comparison.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts