Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ghibli Nero Ribelle SQ4 on the way (literally in the boat heading towards me) with rosso interior and the 21" wheels.
What is everyone's opinion on tinting the windows? Does it bring down the classy ness of the car a notch?
I'm leaning towards doing it as I think it will add to the sporty ness especially with the colors/ wheels I have chosen.
Your opinions are appreciated!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't think it brings the classiness of the car down in any way. Unless you are getting metallic tints.

Get a quality ceramic tint.

Post up some photos if you do! Just find a good installer and choose a good quality tint and choose your tint %. Those are pretty much the decisions you need to make.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm tinting my windows today with 25%.
I've always had 22% in my previous car, but going a little lighter this time.
I'm fairly young, so I can trade some classy ness for sporty ness.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's a matter of taste. Imho auto glass tinting is on the same page as quick tanning lotion... but it looks great on you ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
25% looks great. How is it driving at night with tints that dark?
BTW your Ghibli looks great, especially in that second picture with other typical every day vehicles, it really stands out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
25% looks great. How is it driving at night with tints that dark?
BTW your Ghibli looks great, especially in that second picture with other typical every day vehicles, it really stands out!
Thanks, yeah I get compliments every day. I even have drivers and people on the street taking picture on my car!!
Dark tints make the car look really sporty especially with blue emozione and dark wheel combination. This is exactly what I wanted.
I'm already used to dark tints, as I've always had 22% in my previous cars. Night drive is fine as long as you have some lights, you can see everything on your side and back with no issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a medium tint. I didn't want dark dark because cops are pretty ridiculous near me about pulling you over for stuff like that. More for UV protection for the seats.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice color of the car blunero! Same as mine ;)
I get compliments on the color of my car all the times. Everyone loves blue emozione.
It's at the end matter of your needs. I like being surrounded by dark windows which makes me feel like personal space.
And cops around my town don't care about how dark my windows are, I've had 22% for last 7 years and not a single trouble.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So nice. I love this car. We all have our preferences (color, options, etc) but they are all so beautiful, and we are the first to own them. That is really kind of cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, very Gorgeous, Blunero.
That's exactly what I'll do too, when she arrives!!
The production and delivery schedules keep being pushed out for RHD market,
Mine was ordered end of October 13, build pushed out again to February, shipping to NZ, lucky to be driving by end March, early April.
It's driving me crazy!
Drive the First QP in NZ last week, with the 3.0s engine to get a feel of response etc.
It took me by surprise how quick it was, and suddenly I was approaching corners much faster than I was prepared for. Having had, Aston DB9, old QP and now GTS 4.7, I'm used to rapid acceleration......
I was blown away, and the Ghibli is a little lighter than the QP, which felt enormous BTW, so Ghibli will be even quicker.
Took some time to get used to the gear shift.
The premium sound connected to my iPhone sounded good too.
The handling was the best I've experienced, point round a corner and turns in, takes the corner, securely, no drama, or feeling out of control... Brilliant.

Now I'm even more frustrated!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tinted mine 25% will post pix soon
How do you get around the laws in Chicago with that dark of a tint? My MB is tinted at 25% and every time I'd go into the City I'd end up with a $250 ticket. After a few, I finally ripped off the tint front/passenger side windows. I know outside of Chicago it is legal, but within city limits any tint (or any that a parking meter maid or cop notices) on the front/passenger windows is not.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How do you get around the laws in Chicago with that dark of a tint? My MB is tinted at 25% and every time I'd go into the City I'd end up with a $250 ticket. After a few, I finally ripped off the tint front/passenger side windows. I know outside of Chicago it is legal, but within city limits any tint (or any that a parking meter maid or cop notices) on the front/passenger windows is not.
Another good thread on the same subject:

Good News: Chicago's more restrictive Tint laws are officially ****** in the ass - TCG

No more $250 tickets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if the material used in the Ghibili will be prone to sticky buttons. A good tint will keep the heat out.

In my previous cars I have been very happy with Hüper Optik Ceramic tint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need the tint here for summers in AZ. Got 35% ceramic, and it really looks good with the Grigio Maratea Metallescent. Allows a little of that beautiful Sabbia leather to show through as you approach the car

1 - 20 of 39 Posts