Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Recently purchased a 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport with 12.5k miles on it, but looking to replace the tires before winter comes (Kansas USA). The local Maserati dealership wants close to $1600 all in but a local Ferrari shop recommended Zohr, a mobile tire installer that comes to you. All in they are $1250...Same Pirelli OEM tires.

The dealership said Maserati requires special balancing...is that true?

Anyone use a non Maserati dealer for tire installation?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had a regular tire shop install mine and there was no issue.

And congrats on the 18' SQ4 GS! You'll fall in love with it.

·
Administrator
2,238 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Recently purchased a 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport with 12.5k miles on it, but looking to replace the tires before winter comes (Kansas USA). The local Maserati dealership wants close to $1600 all in but a local Ferrari shop recommended Zohr, a mobile tire installer that comes to you. All in they are $1250...Same Pirelli OEM tires.

I've used Costco for tire purchase and installation with excellent results and good value ... plus ongoing balance + hazard warranty included. I upgraded from the factory Pirelli to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and very happy, (these are summer performance tires).

Reactions: Dana Hatch

·
Registered
26 Posts
I needed all season tires so I just ordered these. Reviews are pretty good. For under $500, even if they suck I’ll use them for a year and then upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,238 Posts
Nice deal on tires. I like the black and chrome caps too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles is everyone else getting on their tires, understand drive style and condition of roads play a factor. Should I expect to replace tires ever 15k?

Thanks to beerguy and other key contributors in this forum. I researched for months on my next car purchase and if you go off YouTube reviews or basic internet comments, no one in their right mind would buy a Ghibli. This forum helped push me to the Ghibli vs going Jaguar, BMW or Mercedes. So if I end up hating the car, I blame you guys :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I needed all season tires so I just ordered these. Reviews are pretty good. For under $500, even if they suck I’ll use them for a year and then upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get them installed yet? If so what are your impressions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you get them installed yet? If so what are your impressions?
Just received the rears today, fronts coming tomorrow. They are a nice looking tire. Made in the same state-of-the-art Thai factory that my Delinte tires were made, which I have run on multiple vehicles and have been excellent. I will likely get them installed this weekend and report back.

IMG_6609.jpg IMG_6607.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a set as well. I'll let you know how mine go. I can't see spending $1500 on tires for 5k miles per year. I hope these work out or I blame you Bee! LOL J/K I read reviews they seem good, so like you said, if they suck after a year I'll go back to Michelin.

·
Administrator
2,238 Posts
How many miles is everyone else getting on their tires, understand drive style and condition of roads play a factor. Should I expect to replace tires ever 15k?

Thanks to beerguy and other key contributors in this forum. I researched for months on my next car purchase and if you go off YouTube reviews or basic internet comments, no one in their right mind would buy a Ghibli. This forum helped push me to the Ghibli vs going Jaguar, BMW or Mercedes. So if I end up hating the car, I blame you guys :ROFLMAO:
Congratulations on your selection!!! I think it brings uniqueness and if properly maintained is very reliable.

As for tires, it depends on your type of driving and proper alignment as some have gotten over 30K on highway and less than 10K on back road/city driving. Maserati aligns the tires to maximize performance and sacrifices a little wear.
Because, I run summer and winter rim set-up(s) my OEM Pirelli's lasted a full 5 years ... I only replaced them since they were getting dry. My winter Pirelli's (sotto 3's) are still going strong and have good grip/traction and lots of tread. I think you can get better mileage wear with the higher end Michelin tires ... I upgraded to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S this year. I only have 15K miles on the car, even though I drove car daily in good weather back and forth to my office, (16 miles/day round trip).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations on your selection!!! I think it brings uniqueness and if properly maintained is very reliable.

As for tires, it depends on your type of driving and proper alignment as some have gotten over 30K on highway and less than 10K on back road/city driving. Maserati aligns the tires to maximize performance and sacrifices a little wear.
Because, I run summer and winter rim set-up(s) my OEM Pirelli's lasted a full 5 years ... I only replaced them since they were getting dry. My winter Pirelli's (sotto 3's) are still going strong and have good grip/traction and lots of tread. I think you can get better mileage wear with the higher end Michelin tires ... I upgraded to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S this year. I only have 15K miles on the car, even though I drove car daily in good weather back and forth to my office, (16 miles/day round trip).
That is about what my commute used to be, heck I'm lucky if I get it out 2x per week now. I don't think that will go back to normal until at least next year. I mainly drive back roads, some freeway and city driving, but up here in Oregon we get some rain, well used to :rolleyes: My Michelin's are the older Pilot Sports and are loud as heck! I will save them in the event these Lionhart's suck and I need to swap back.

So...are you saying I should have the dealer install these tires?

·
Administrator
2,238 Posts
That is about what my commute used to be, heck I'm lucky if I get it out 2x per week now. I don't think that will go back to normal until at least next year. I mainly drive back roads, some freeway and city driving, but up here in Oregon we get some rain, well used to :rolleyes: My Michelin's are the older Pilot Sports and are loud as heck! I will save them in the event these Lionhart's suck and I need to swap back.

So...are you saying I should have the dealer install these tires?
Any qualified tire center can install the tires. I had mine installed and balanced at Costco. Alignments are done at the dealer. Luckily all alignments since new were done as part of a service campaign so no out of pocket (on alignments yet).

Reactions: localbrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: I had Zohr install the OEM Pirelli All season today in my driveway. Highly recommend if available in your area. The guy that installed my tires only installs on high end cars and did a 300k Ferrari before mine. Took it for a drive and balance seems perfect. So nice I didn't have to wait or drop car off to have new tires put on.

Thanks again to all for providing input and if i don't get 15k+ out of these tires, I will be looking at those lion hearts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had Pirellis on my Ghibli when it was new and after 15k miles or so they started making a lot of nonsense noise. I kept them on until I could not stand them anymore and then took the car to Costco and installed Bridgestone all seasons and the car has been so quiet and grippy even in snow. All 4 tires were $900 installed and filled with Nitrogen. Can’t beat Costco.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My challenge is that there are not a lot of manufacturers that support the 21" rim size and those that do are mainly Summer tires only. I went with the Lionharts to see if they do the trick.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
35 Posts
I took a nail in a rear sidewall and worked through Discount Tire for a replacement oem Pirelli. I have 5500 miles on the car, mostly highway on vacation, and they are almost full tread. Living in the snowbelt of MI, I insist on all-seasons. I'm partial to Continentals and will evaluate them against the Pirellis when the time comes to replace.

·
Registered
2015 Masarati Ghibli S Q4
4 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I went to firestone and I have indy 500s I like them so far. A really sticky tire and great wet traction, snow not so well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I pulled a 180; canceled the Lionhart order and ordered the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S from Costco. I was doing some research on the LH's and seemed they didn't perform well in wet weather. I know this is all subjective, and unique to the individual. But my wife was also concerned from a safety standpoint, so I went with the Michelin's. + it includes that great warranty and I just take it back to Costco if I ever have an issue. Should get them installed some time next week or soon thereafter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts