·
Registered
863 Posts
Ditto with what ssipes said

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh no.....not digging it at all - but if you like it keep it as it's your ride!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry...but it's a Maserati. I won't even place my son's college sticker on the rear window. Some cars just don't need additional adornments.

The Trident on the front grill, the rear sides and the cursive MASERATI on the rear is classy and simply stated.

My own opinion is if anything warrants additional statement maybe the license plate bracket....

However, in the end it's your car and your expression. If you like it good for you....

Steve

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Not for me

:crying:

Sorry,

DD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate the comments and I agree, the car does not need it, but it does make it feel like its's mine.. Maybe I should take off the decal and stick a family photo on the dash. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Drove a friends new Porsche Panamera GTS yesterday, nice ride.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maybe if the decal was a bit smaller and if the car had red brake calipers.
But mostly I think it's guilding the lily.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This post in no way is a judgment on any others, it is my humble opinion after careful consideration regarding any "personalization" of an otherwise gorgeous and, yes this is an exotic car.

After I stated I would not even advertise my son's college via a window sticker, I do believe that a personalized plate is an acceptable means to add some sort of "touch" to make the car your own special statement. That said, even certain plates may be viewed as abnoxious...ie SPSESQ, DRJONES, etc...(these just ask for someone to key your doors...>:D)

I look at it like a speech a senior partner gave when I started my career in one of those large firms in New York. "You may only wear Blue, Black or Grey suits, blue or white shirts. No brown suits allowed, no colored shirts either, however you may wear any colored tie you wish..." I added a little flair with the Jerry Garcia ties....

So to add that certain "touch" I went with an homage to my favorite player on my favorite team...

I feel it is not pretentious, it honors a past personal sports idol of my youth and, no one will think its an arrogant sign of "look what I got" Only I will not drive it to Boston:D

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think the Ghibli is a beautiful car. But, Maserati has already placed trident logos on pretty much every reasonably flat surface on the vehicle. So, the car probably doesn't need any more tridents :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts