Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Awesome - it is such an exciting event to take delivery of such beauty - post up pics!!

Reactions: UKGhibli

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, sad thing is that its tipping down with rain :-(

Oh well, it is England after all :)

Only 1 hour to go :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks fantastic !!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Awesome and congrats.. on joining the club.. what are the specs.. also.. in the forth pic I see a sign saying "maserati parking" whats that all about.. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha ha, the sign was a little joke, it says Maserati parking only, all others will be towed !

·
Administrator
2,515 Posts
Cars looks great in griogio mareata with the 20' urano's!!! hopefully you'll have good weather this week to put on some miles!!!:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got up nice and early this morning and went for a razz in the Maz, totally different drive to my 'old' C63 but very impressive throttle response and awesome brakes. The brakes were the main reason I went out so that I could carry out the 'bedding in' process.... I did as described, got the brakes nice and hot by 5 or 6 80 mph to 20 mph blasts and then let them cool down naturally, so this will hopefully spare me of the 'squeal' others have encountered. Stereo, whilst not brilliant, is passable (IMHO) but I am no sound geek :) Early impressions are that I definitely made the right choice, as they say in Italy, amo mia bella signora italiana :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats UKGhibli. Same spec outside as mine. Grigio Maratea really suits the car imho. What colour interior did you go for?

Looks like UK weather is set fair for a few days. Hope you get some miles on her.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats UKGhibli. Same spec outside as mine. Grigio Maratea really suits the car imho. What colour interior did you go for?

Looks like UK weather is set fair for a few days. Hope you get some miles on her.
Hi Rwc13, Thanks :), I had the Nero interior, Nero headliner and had the windows tinted too (back only) so it looks very stealthy :) I was worried that all that black would make it really dark but no, it looks and feels just perfect (inside as well as out). The alu gear paddles lift the overall look inside too. The black painted callipers on the 20" painted Urano's continue the colour scheme to the outside, looks sweeeet. Also, I can't believe to how much of a difference the laminated glass makes to the road noise. Two questions, well, observations really.... the front right air vent (by MTC) on the drivers side, the airflow is blocked by the paddles / steering wheel and, there in no drivers 'grab' handle on the inside door frame ? One fitted though on passenger side and rear seats either side ?????? Weird :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Splendid ... I can just imagine what kind of joy it must be to welcome such a beauty (and beast) in one's life ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi UKGhibli, i have had a quite a few cars where there is no drivers grab handle. I guess the view of some manufacturers may be that it's not needed given that driver should be holding the wheel.

I agree that some of the airflow for the driver's left side air vent is blocked by the left paddle, but this can be redirected to some extent.......up, down, side to side. However, I like the fact the paddles are always cold when you reach for them :)))

1 - 20 of 31 Posts